Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626846 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #180 on: 02 April 2013, 18:41 »
Love black cars when clean, looking great :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #181 on: 02 April 2013, 18:50 »
Black cars look so  :cool: when clean!  If only they'd stay that way....
Tell me about it!!   :angry:

I just soaked some bird sh*t off mine, (should learn not to park it under trees), and they must've eaten something nasty - I've never had marks left on the paint afterwards, but three splats have left a dull mark on the body work.  Damn things!   :undecided:
bird poooooooo has got lime in it not good for our shiney golfs so if you can get hold of some G3 is good to sort out those nasty marks left by our feathered friends  :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #182 on: 02 April 2013, 19:37 »
Wow that looks amazing booth! Not sure my 09 plate would come up that gd.

I really need to get a pressure washer. What do you add to get the snow foam, and how much are pressure washers these days? Cheers
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #183 on: 02 April 2013, 19:50 »

I really need to get a pressure washer. What do you add to get the snow foam, and how much are pressure washers these days? Cheers

Ideal world normally have some decent Karcher deals on and you need a snow foam lance. Waxamomo have some great products and they do an online discount with the code ilovewaxamomo.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #184 on: 02 April 2013, 20:34 »
Thanks for the comments guys  :smiley:   

Would you believe an hour later it was dirty  - all over  :angry:
I live next door to a sports club with a water based hockey pitch - they irrigate the pitch with high pressure jet sprays - wind blew filthy water spray all over the bl00dy car.  Gonna have to give it another wash tommorow.

Pretty much as Ginge says.

I use a mid range Karcher pressure washer. Prices range from £100-£300.  Some of the more expensive/larger ones can be cumbersome for car washing.  Use PA snow foam lance and Meguiars hyper wash.  Get most of my stuff online from Waxamomo or Clean Your Car.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #185 on: 02 April 2013, 22:40 »
Thanks for the comments guys  :smiley:   

Would you believe an hour later it was dirty  - all over  :angry:
I live next door to a sports club with a water based hockey pitch - they irrigate the pitch with high pressure jet sprays - wind blew filthy water spray all over the bl00dy car.  Gonna have to give it another wash tommorow.

Pretty much as Ginge says.

I use a mid range Karcher pressure washer. Prices range from £100-£300.  Some of the more expensive/larger ones can be cumbersome for car washing.  Use PA snow foam lance and Meguiars hyper wash.  Get most of my stuff online from Waxamomo or Clean Your Car.

Firstly great work Lass... :cool:

Secondly pressure washers - I got my Karcher direct which was recondition which I've had for about 1.5yrs now with no probs, it also came with a 2yr warranty and only cost me £47 delivered... :cool:

Snow foam lance - personally I wud get a proper one as Neil says Waxamomo does the one you will need to produce the same foam affect that Booth has in her pics...

And lastly mines getting the same treatment tomoz :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #186 on: 02 April 2013, 23:59 »
I've had the same karscher for the last 8 years, it's had various parts replaced but still going, however when it does give up i'll be getting a Nilfisk, they get excellent reviews on detailing world, are cheap enough and have soft hoses unlike my karscher which has quite a hard hose that annoys the crap out of me! :angry:

Lovely looking car Booth! :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #187 on: 03 April 2013, 07:41 »
I have got a karcher same place mr gtd got his from bargain however I normally use bucket and sponge but looking at booth 11 pics I think I'm going to invest in some of this gear you guys have got :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #188 on: 03 April 2013, 07:55 »
I have got a karcher same place mr gtd got his from bargain however I normally use bucket and sponge but looking at booth 11 pics I think I'm going to invest in some of this gear you guys have got :cool:

Get yourself a decent wool wash mit and a jet wash mate, they'll make all the difference to the finish, i'd suggest anyone thats got issues with their paint to spend a bit of time in the detailing section of the forum and have a read of some of the stickies, very helpful. :cool:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0

:wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #189 on: 03 April 2013, 10:58 »

Get yourself a decent wool wash mit and a jet wash mate, they'll make all the difference to the finish, i'd suggest anyone thats got issues with their paint to spend a bit of time in the detailing section of the forum and have a read of some of the stickies, very helpful. :cool:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=56.0

:wink:
cheers jimble for the advice  :cool: