Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 652848 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2160 on: 14 December 2014, 14:50 »
Good job booth looks stunning :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2161 on: 14 December 2014, 15:30 »
Cleaned it!  All those pics of lovely clean cars got to me  :embarrassed:

Bit of an early morning rushed job and had to jet wash a thick layer of frost off first but at least I can see out of the windows now.  The inside is still rank though  :grin:

Holy cow, jaw dropping!  :evil:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2162 on: 14 December 2014, 15:55 »

Bit of an early morning rushed job and had to jet wash a thick layer of frost off first but at least I can see out of the windows now.  The inside is still rank though  :grin:

lurv it!!

just changed my badges to matt black   will try get somne pics up!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2163 on: 14 December 2014, 17:39 »

Looks stunning. But having been out in the black mk7 today. It won't stay like that for long...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2164 on: 14 December 2014, 19:00 »
Cheers all  :smiley:

But having been out in the black mk7 today. It won't stay like that for long...

Tell me about it.  Drove to get petrol and got a dirty rear end already  :rolleyes:

How do you like the mk7?  Has it got the performance pack?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2165 on: 14 December 2014, 19:26 »
Rebecca those reflections!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mine is filthy again already too after being washed Thurs, this time of year is just pants! Can't wait for some better weather so I can finally get on with some paint correction! Hoping xmas brings lots of detailing goodies  :drool:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2166 on: 14 December 2014, 19:42 »
Cheers all  :smiley:

But having been out in the black mk7 today. It won't stay like that for long...

Tell me about it.  Drove to get petrol and got a dirty rear end already  :rolleyes:

How do you like the mk7?  Has it got the performance pack?

Sadly no performance pack and it doesn't seem as responsive as mine. Maybe because it's only done 500 miles. But the brakes send you through the screen! I do like the cruise on it though.

They both have there perks. But I'll stick with the mk6 as its mine. Maybe chip it so it's the quicker one of the 2 again.  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2167 on: 14 December 2014, 19:43 »
Mines still sitting clean in the garage  :evil:

Must admit I much prefer the silver leon this time of year as the silver doesn't show the dirt much at all compared to other colours. I did nearly buy the mk6 in silver just did not like the lack of reflections the silver on of the mk6 gave compared to the reflective diamond silver of the mk1 GTI.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2014, 19:53 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2168 on: 14 December 2014, 20:51 »
Mines still sitting clean in the garage  :evil:

Must admit I much prefer the silver leon this time of year as the silver doesn't show the dirt much at all compared to other colours. I did nearly buy the mk6 in silver just did not like the lack of reflections the silver on of the mk6 gave compared to the reflective diamond silver of the mk1 GTI.

The diamond silver and night blue combo look made for each other, gorgeous  :cool:  From the mk4 onwards, I never liked silver GTIs, though it does seem to suit the sharper lines of the mk7.

And how tidy is your garage  :shocked:

Mine might stay that clean if...

a) I had an accessible garage
b) I didn't have to drive it every day

:sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2169 on: 14 December 2014, 21:17 »
Took me a long time to get the garage that way. The mk1 use to be in the middle for about 8 years more or less surrounded by stuff. I then decided enough was enough and spent months  going to the local tip every weekend. Its amazing how much you keep you don't need or have used in years.
I also cheat as I have a 20ft container with all the garden tools, bikes etc in, but thats tidy and organised now too..
The garage still has a not so small to do list.  The floor tiled, roof painting, The units hung on the wall, A kitchen top work surface fitted on top of the floor units, Radiator fitted, hot water and mixer tap plumbed in.
« Last Edit: 14 December 2014, 21:42 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.