Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 652745 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1870 on: 09 September 2014, 09:10 »
If the Passat is so good, and with the addition of a T5, do you even need to replace the golf?

Do any of us really 'need' to change our cars?

Probably not as often as we do. 

What is the value of the golf or its replacement in your line up?  If your mk2 is the project/show car, T5 for weekend and holiday getaways and a mapped Passat for everything else, and you barely drive the golf, why keep it at all, let alone replace it. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1871 on: 09 September 2014, 09:32 »
I bought the Golf for my wife's 40th, so it's kind of her car. However, she only drives it now if I'm out in the Passat. Even she has finally come around to the idea that it has too many pedals for a modern car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1872 on: 09 September 2014, 09:39 »
I bought the Golf for my wife's 40th, so it's kind of her car. However, she only drives it now if I'm out in the Passat. Even she has finally come around to the idea that it has too many pedals for a modern car.

All these women getting nice cars for their birthdays, I must be doing something wrong. Can't even remember what I got for my 40th.  Might have to be having words with hwmbo  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1873 on: 10 September 2014, 10:12 »
I got a car for my birthday once.

A lovely 1996 Astra 1.6 in a weird gold/silver colour haha what a terrible car, but I absolutely loved it! To be fair it never let me down at all and it was a 'Premier Ltd Edition' with air con and fog lights!!!  :grin: Never forget your first car and I definitely had some fun in it!

Anyway updated the firmware on my RNS510 today, from 4020 to 5238. Slight speed increase and I've noticed that the maps which I haven't updated now show local car parks and petrol stations on the map view.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1874 on: 10 September 2014, 12:23 »
I got a car for my birthday once.

A lovely 1996 Astra 1.6 in a weird gold/silver colour haha what a terrible car, but I absolutely loved it! To be fair it never let me down at all and it was a 'Premier Ltd Edition' with air con and fog lights!!!  :grin: Never forget your first car and I definitely had some fun in it!

Anyway updated the firmware on my RNS510 today, from 4020 to 5238. Slight speed increase and I've noticed that the maps which I haven't updated now show local car parks and petrol stations on the map view.

I confess he did buy me a car for Christmas years ago, when I'd just started driving. 

It was a beige Austin Metro.  Even better, when I (reluctantly) went to take it for a spin, it wouldn't start.  After much umming and ahhing (on his part), I tentatively asked if it actually had petrol in it.  This question was initially met with a derisory sneer, followed by sheepish look of realisation. :rolleyes:

It met a purpose but I hated that car.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1875 on: 10 September 2014, 13:17 »
No body brought me a car tight wods fitted my sill protectors today they look quite good pleasantly pleased   :nerd:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1876 on: 10 September 2014, 20:42 »
No body brought me a car tight wods fitted my sill protectors today they look quite good pleasantly pleased   :nerd:

What, no pics charlie  :wink:

Look good don't they?  A nifty practical little mod  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1877 on: 10 September 2014, 22:52 »

What, no pics charlie  :wink:

Look good don't they?  A nifty practical little mod  :smiley:
my skills with tech are limited booth but I shall give it a go soon watch this space  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #1878 on: 12 September 2014, 11:39 »
I fitted anew battery to my Golf after the non-starting issue.

All sorted now  :smiley: :cool:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1879 on: 12 September 2014, 16:56 »
Let my mother borrow it!  :cry: I must be insane!!

I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb upon return.

Little does she know the fuel light is on!  :whistle: