Author Topic: Winter is coming...  (Read 701 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Winter is coming...
« on: 17 October 2021, 14:37 »
With the temperatures starting to drop and the roads getting wetter, we're slowly slipping into winter mode.

What's everyone doing to prep for winter?

I'm currently trying to source a set of 18's for my Goodyear Ultragrips, but unfortunately can't find a set that I like other than belvederes or in 19's...
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
Re: Winter is coming...
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2021, 16:26 »
I have turned the knob that makes my mirrors warm. That's about the extent of my winter prep.

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2021, 16:29 »
Bought some rubber mats

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2021, 16:39 »
Put my winter wheels and tires on the car and went for a short drive up the hill to watch the snow falling.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2021, 17:09 »
Recently fitted set of undertrays to reduce the grit impact on the rear suspension. Washed and rewaxed the paintwork yesterday as it was a dry day.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2021, 18:18 »
Get all the annual car jobs done at this time of year.

Not sure why it’s always been like that- I think when cricket season ends, my mind turns to cars.

Oil change on the pug- I’ve done plugs too this year ( and it’s running much smoother), the annual service gets done on the golf, and both MOTs to do.

The golf gets more use now as roads get wet and we start to get salt on the road.

The only thing i do to protect the body is to frequently jet wash, sometimes a quick spray after coming home from work- particularly underside.

I think I’ll give it an early autumn wax too this year
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.