Author Topic: Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo  (Read 223646 times)

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD
« Reply #360 on: 14 July 2011, 23:44 »
im realy realy liking your grill and twin headlights ( if i could get things right the 1st time i would save my self alot of monies LOL ) did you say yours was a cab grill

aha this is all the fun part of it il be lost when the golfs done so il need something to do ;) i hope to see your mk1 at whitenoise im actualy lookin forward to it  :grin:

next year wedding = invite to the after party il bring the mk1 and let you have a go in it for my wedding present from me to you ;)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #361 on: 14 July 2011, 23:57 »
im realy realy liking your grill and twin headlights ( if i could get things right the 1st time i would save my self alot of monies LOL ) did you say yours was a cab grill

aha this is all the fun part of it il be lost when the golfs done so il need something to do ;) i hope to see your mk1 at whitenoise im actualy lookin forward to it  :grin:

next year wedding = invite to the after party il bring the mk1 and let you have a go in it for my wedding present from me to you ;)

Yeah late style mk1 cabby grille, just need to shave some clips off etc to make it fit. its what I had on before the smash so had to find a replacement and wasn't too hard to find on ebay..  I paid £10 for gen VW one without lights.

You will see it (all being well) although I'm nervous of you seeing it up close  :grin: I best get my ar5e in gear and get it as nice as I can for then!  not much time left!

There's an offer that can be arranged, sure my missus would hate the idea though.  :laugh:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #362 on: 15 July 2011, 00:03 »
okay im deffinatly going to have to get a badged grill single lights tho chrome badge  :cool:

atleast yours is road worthy not like mine my deadlines march next year weekend of ultimate dubs  :smiley:

what the misses dont know cant hurt her  :wink: gti international next year qaurter mile and its yours for a few runs  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #363 on: 15 July 2011, 00:13 »
okay im deffinatly going to have to get a badged grill single lights tho chrome badge  :cool:

atleast yours is road worthy not like mine my deadlines march next year weekend of ultimate dubs  :smiley:

what the misses dont know cant hurt her  :wink: gti international next year qaurter mile and its yours for a few runs  :grin:

If you're lucky you'll get a chrome badge with it as most of the ones i found did, if not you can have the one that came with mine.  :wink:

Only just road worthy  :grin:  exhaust is in need of love and so is the engine, but i see your point.  not driven it for weeks now.  :cry:

My missus hates my car!  and doesn't really get it at all :grin:  if you come over next year you're my long lost cousin bob ok!  :laugh:

a few runs in it!  :shocked: you sure?  :grin:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #364 on: 15 July 2011, 00:17 »
sweet  :grin: il be on the hunt for another grill tomorrow aha i may even go plain jane and put an original one in MEHHHH

okay so im bob and im a proffesional swimmer  :wink:

yeah few runs wouldnt hurt its there to be used and have fun with might aswell make the most of it  :tongue:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #365 on: 15 July 2011, 00:34 »
sweet  :grin: il be on the hunt for another grill tomorrow aha i may even go plain jane and put an original one in MEHHHH

Hmmm, that might be difficult.  :sad: not sure they did a 5 bar single light grille, also might be quite hard to find a badged single grille full stop, old style oem grilles can be expensive, last time i looked for an oem gti one it was over a tonne.  (mind you it did have a chrome surround and surrounds are expensive, hence why mine is painted)

okay so im bob and im a proffesional swimmer  :wink:

Wow even i'm convinced!  :grin:

yeah few runs wouldnt hurt its there to be used and have fun with might aswell make the most of it  :tongue:
Awesome, it best not break when i'm in it then! i'd never be able to live with myself.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #366 on: 15 July 2011, 00:38 »
In case you do go OEM THIS isn't a bad price!

Just looked at your first post and realised that you already have a single light OEM grille.  :rolleyes:

I also considered some stuff available in South Africa due to the long run of the CITI Golf, not sure on fitment though

http://www.autostyle.co.za/product/16471/Golf1HoneycombGrilleSingleLight/ (although debadged it's different)  Lots of other types available from them, have a snoop around.

« Last Edit: 15 July 2011, 00:48 by SoundillusioN »

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #367 on: 15 July 2011, 00:51 »
it wont break i promise :grin:

i know i sold that grill and now regret it HUFF oh well im watching one on ebay ( single light grill chrome surround and chrome badge ) 6 days left tho :(

i just emailed pvw to see if they will do me a readers ride build thread  :wink: i let you guys know the out come aha i wanna bag a feature next year pvw beein the main target  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #368 on: 15 July 2011, 01:01 »
it wont break i promise :grin:

i know i sold that grill and now regret it HUFF oh well im watching one on ebay ( single light grill chrome surround and chrome badge ) 6 days left tho :(

i just emailed pvw to see if they will do me a readers ride build thread  :wink: i let you guys know the out come aha i wanna bag a feature next year pvw beein the main target  :cool:

You sold it! Doh! good luck on the ebay one.... and the feature.  You should be OK to be honest. :afro:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #369 on: 16 July 2011, 19:53 »
got another door filled and into primer today  :grin:

i need some help guys i realy wanna get my golf down abit lower okay give and take i have still got to get all my interior in the car ect ect but still WOAH talk about wheel arch gap and my coilovers are wound right down i have tryed taking helper springs out but the coilovers bottom out  :sad: im thinking about cutting my suspension strut tops of and welding some sort of tubing in to gain a few mm in lows hmmmmm whats your opinion

back

front

i wanna gain about 5mm on the front and 20ish on the rear