Author Topic: JCs MK2 GL - Part II  (Read 162280 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Clive Dunn Special . . .. .. .
« Reply #310 on: 11 April 2012, 18:36 »
Looks sweeeeeeet in the pics, looking forward to seeing this in the metal.

:cool:

cheers, just the wheel choice issue to resolve  :lipsrsealed:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #311 on: 11 April 2012, 18:39 »
Guy that really is amazing work  :cool: :cool: :cool:

If only I lived nearby  :laugh:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #312 on: 11 April 2012, 19:09 »
Wow, this looks awesome!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #313 on: 11 April 2012, 19:40 »
Guy that really is amazing work  :cool: :cool: :cool:

If only I lived nearby  :laugh:

there are road trips in the making..  :wink:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #314 on: 11 April 2012, 19:46 »
to be fair, it was a good car to start with  :tongue:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #315 on: 11 April 2012, 20:12 »

oh absolutely... i think i mentioned the quality of the original paintwork in my post, i didn't have shed loads of RDS (random deep scratches) to worry about which helped massively.

the chances of finding a 20+ year old car, in its original state, that only needs a single pass machine polish to make it look this good are probably in the region of 10,000:1 or maybe less.

can't wait to work on it again.

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #316 on: 11 April 2012, 20:15 »
I sometimes tell people that Jade Green can take on the appearance of Chrome! when its highly polished that is... the comment is usually met with a vacant stare, as they wonder what I'm actually on about!
Jade is a very understated colour, dark enough to deeply reflect the sky and clouds, yet the grey/green seems to disappear as its over powered rich reflections, leaving the paint almost colourless...

Great job Guy... but to be fair, the car was mint to start with :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Thom

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #317 on: 11 April 2012, 20:20 »
I sometimes tell people that Jade Green can take on the appearance of Chrome! when its highly polished that is... the comment is usually met with a vacant stare, as they wonder what I'm actually on about!
Jade is a very understated colour, dark enough to deeply reflect the sky and clouds, yet the grey/green seems to disappear as its over powered rich reflections, leaving the paint almost colourless...

Great job Guy... but to be fair, the car was mint to start with :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Thom

I know... its a lovely colour and when you look at it very closely when it is clean, polished and has the sun on it, it has a kind of pearlescent effect deep within it... hard to describe but it is a very mesmerising paint to look at...

and yes... it was mint to start with, mostly, just needed a little bit of lovin to bring it back to showroom  :smiley:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #318 on: 11 April 2012, 20:23 »

oh absolutely... i think i mentioned the quality of the original paintwork in my post, i didn't have shed loads of RDS (random deep scratches) to worry about which helped massively.

the chances of finding a 20+ year old car, in its original state, that only needs a single pass machine polish to make it look this good are probably in the region of 10,000:1 or maybe less.

can't wait to work on it again.

well this is my 2nd, 3rd if you include the b3 Passat  :kiss:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #319 on: 11 April 2012, 20:25 »

Thom

it has had a few people stopping to look at it today, mainly old people, but hey, they liked it  :cool: