Author Topic: Audi A4 B7 - £2440 Repair Bill!  (Read 39353 times)

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Re: A4 B7 - Hybrid turbo derv
« Reply #140 on: 02 February 2012, 10:50 »
Good work mate. Def want an A4 my next car quite fancy a 190bhp S line.  :cool:

Cheers mate.

Haven't updated this thread in a while....ermm I dropped it into Audi yesterday  :lipsrsealed:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #141 on: 03 February 2012, 16:34 »
Heres a nice picture of after I picked it up from Audi  :lipsrsealed:

« Last Edit: 03 February 2012, 16:36 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #142 on: 03 February 2012, 16:36 »
Why did it go to Audi and what happened

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #143 on: 03 February 2012, 16:56 »

Well, put it this way I filled the road up with white smoke and took a good while to clear. Audi Yeovil had the car to replace the injectors as it was a known problem. I was told they were all replaced. I then had the car in Audi to do some work and while it was there they out of good will checked the injectors and found three were replaced and one "faulty" one was still in situ!? They then replaced the remaining "faulty" injector but messed it up by not replacing a seal properly  :rolleyes:

I have had to battle with them this morning as they tried to place it to the engine being overfilled with oil. 12L was drained out of the engine!!!! I then told them to check the oil to see whether it was pure oil or if it had and contaminants i.e Diesel in there. Got a call back saying "Good news Sir, you were right"  :smug: A classic case of bore washing. So now they are replacing both intercoolers and bits.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2012, 16:57 by Adam »

Down Hill From Here.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #144 on: 03 February 2012, 19:01 »

Well, put it this way I filled the road up with white smoke and took a good while to clear. Audi Yeovil had the car to replace the injectors as it was a known problem. I was told they were all replaced. I then had the car in Audi to do some work and while it was there they out of good will checked the injectors and found three were replaced and one "faulty" one was still in situ!? They then replaced the remaining "faulty" injector but messed it up by not replacing a seal properly  :rolleyes:

I have had to battle with them this morning as they tried to place it to the engine being overfilled with oil. 12L was drained out of the engine!!!! I then told them to check the oil to see whether it was pure oil or if it had and contaminants i.e Diesel in there. Got a call back saying "Good news Sir, you were right"  :smug: A classic case of bore washing. So now they are replacing both intercoolers and bits.

Dam  :shocked: At least its going to be sorted  :cool:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #145 on: 03 February 2012, 23:36 »

:shocked: hope it all gets sorted.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #146 on: 04 February 2012, 01:02 »
Can anyone tell me if bore wash can cause any major damage to the internals?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #147 on: 04 February 2012, 10:11 »
Can anyone tell me if bore wash can cause any major damage to the internals?

Yes it could cause damage :sad:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #148 on: 06 February 2012, 13:01 »
Well update; Audi UK have just received a 1500 word essay with introduction of problem, conclusion, concerns and an appendix with suitably referenced information using the Harvard Reverencing System.

Ball is in your court now Audi.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #149 on: 06 February 2012, 13:03 »
Well update; Audi UK have just received a 1500 word essay with introduction of problem, conclusion, concerns and an appendix with suitably referenced information using the Harvard Reverencing System.

Ball is in your court now Audi.

Will be interesting to see what they say

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.