Author Topic: Audi A4 B7 - £2440 Repair Bill!  (Read 39353 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: A4 B7 - Hybrid turbo derv
« Reply #110 on: 09 December 2011, 18:30 »
Pfffff, my 1.8t can already beat a 350z, I shoud hope your A4 would absolutely muller one!,

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: A4 B7 - Hybrid turbo ;)
« Reply #111 on: 09 December 2011, 21:56 »
Good results Adam, Good work Carbon :cool:

Nope, he still wants to do one more mod on it in 2012 though  :grin:

What mod would that be?

Going to need to be something special to keep up with me next year  :lipsrsealed:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Slippery slop ahead. . . . . .so much for buying a car which needs nothing doing to it :tongue:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #112 on: 09 December 2011, 22:02 »
Have I missed the PPOOWWWAAAAHHHH figures or are they not up yet?
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 10 December 2011, 16:04 »
Pfffff, my 1.8t can already beat a 350z, I shoud hope your A4 would absolutely muller one!,

A 1.8T beat a 350z... :huh:

Have I missed the PPOOWWWAAAAHHHH figures or are they not up yet?

Waiting on Nick to send me the graph. It's to a point where we need to do one more thing to possibly get more powa...:evil:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #114 on: 10 December 2011, 19:11 »

Yep!  We were both on a "private" road.  I joined and accelerated, he came up and moved over to over take.  I decided I wasn't having any of that, so left my foot planted firmly down.  Beauty of "private" roads, no speed limits to worry about.  We got to over 100 and he still couldn't get past.  In the end I stopped accelerating and let him past, didn't want to be a complete nob  :grin:

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #115 on: 10 December 2011, 23:45 »

Yep!  We were both on a "private" road.  I joined and accelerated, he came up and moved over to over take.  I decided I wasn't having any of that, so left my foot planted firmly down.  Beauty of "private" roads, no speed limits to worry about.  We got to over 100 and he still couldn't get past.  In the end I stopped accelerating and let him past, didn't want to be a complete nob  :grin:

350z are slow to be fair weighing around 1500-1600kg, not really an impressive car for something with a v6 and 280ish bhp which is over quoted slightly. The torque and power delivery of a turbo levels the playing field compared to bigger N/A engine on this car. Plus being in a 350z I thought they where no thrill, nice looking car but plain slow and they are no longer that pricey, but I wouldn't get one.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 11 December 2011, 00:12 »

350z are slow to be fair weighing around 1500-1600kg, not really an impressive car for something with a v6 and 280ish bhp which is over quoted slightly. The torque and power delivery of a turbo levels the playing field compared to bigger N/A engine on this car. Plus being in a 350z I thought they where no thrill, nice looking car but plain slow and they are no longer that pricey, but I wouldn't get one.

The 350Z does pull it's own weight trust me, wouldn't say "plain slow" by any means. Weight is the same-ish of the Audi at 1400kg. At the prices they go for atm I would love to pick an early one up and charge it :drool: The thrill is the sound and the wet roundabouts on my "private road".

Down Hill From Here.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #117 on: 11 December 2011, 00:19 »

The 350Z does pull it's own weight trust me, wouldn't say "plain slow" by any means. Weight is the same-ish of the Audi at 1400kg. At the prices they go for atm I would love to pick an early one up and charge it :drool: The thrill is the sound and the wet roundabouts on my "private road".

I know what you mean, its not slow as it is a quick car, but it should be faster, it didn't feel any different to a mk4 golf for me (except handling) as I was looking at getting a coupe and I tried one of these out only to be let down. The 2.0TSI engines in the s3 and leon cupra are a hell off a lot faster than this car which got me thinking of what's the point of it, which is what really let me down, when you considered that these where made all the way up to 09. Plus a lot of the nissan boys moan about the figures especially on the 300bhp models and how they are just technically mapped up, but when thrown on dyno's they turned out to be well under tuned from the brochure figures.

Had it come with a turbo or a super it would of been a hell lot more fun.

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #118 on: 11 December 2011, 00:27 »

I know what you mean, its not slow as it is a quick car, but it should be faster, it didn't feel any different to a mk4 golf for me (except handling) as I was looking at getting a coupe and I tried one of these out only to be let down. The 2.0TSI engines in the s3 and leon cupra are a hell off a lot faster than this car which got me thinking of what's the point of it, which is what really let me down, when you considered that these where made all the way up to 09. Plus a lot of the nissan boys moan about the figures especially on the 300bhp models and how they are just technically mapped up, but when thrown on dyno's they turned out to be well under tuned from the brochure figures.

They have about 240bhp at the wheels, transmission losses are a killer for them. 0-60 at 5.8 seconds using a mates box of tricks. For me I bought one for the fun...then the fun ran out every time I visited the pump. You really cant get a 2 seater, RWD, v6, and the spec for that money.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #119 on: 11 December 2011, 00:45 »

They have about 240bhp at the wheels, transmission losses are a killer for them. 0-60 at 5.8 seconds using a mates box of tricks. For me I bought one for the fun...then the fun ran out every time I visited the pump. You really cant get a 2 seater, RWD, v6, and the spec for that money.

They are cheap as chips for the price they do go at with a nice interior, but it wasn't my cup of tea after trying it.

Whilst on A4's, regarding TDI, what the 2.5-2.7-3.0TDI engines like, I know pumps seem to be main issue but running costs seem quite good?

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝