Author Topic: Audi A4 B7 - £2440 Repair Bill!  (Read 39353 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: A4 B7 - Hybrid turbo ;)
« Reply #90 on: 08 December 2011, 10:14 »
You Semi-Welch tw8t - your gonna have an interesting few weeks  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #91 on: 08 December 2011, 10:18 »
You Semi-Welch tw8t - your gonna have an interesting few weeks  :lipsrsealed:

That was too easy....... :kiss:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #92 on: 08 December 2011, 15:23 »
« Last Edit: 08 December 2011, 21:17 by dom069 »

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #93 on: 08 December 2011, 15:49 »
Update time?  :wink:

He's broken it already :lipsrsealed:

Haha Did someone have a frantic phone call from MR Doc after that comment? :grin:

The two months without the car Im not going to lie were hard. Going from an Audi to a MK3 GTi was a shock to my system, you come a custom to the little nice features of a newer car. In all fairness I knew It was not going to be a quick job. Craig and Nick both kept me updated and assured me everything was going peachy including telling me they were "impressed with the size of my shaft"  :shocked: Constant dyno graphs were sent to me just to keep me on edge. I took the train from Bournemouth to Manchester at 9am to get there at just gone 3pm..5 hours on the same train was a killer but I knew it would be worth it.

Something I'v picked up about Carbon Chip Tuning is they do what they do due to love of the job. They will strive to get things right the first time regardless of the amount of sleep Nick looses (Sorry pal :( ) The motor has had just over 300+ dynos as there was a problem with requesting more than 1.7bar of boost. Nick in all his wisdom sorted that problem. I think he was being a little harsh on himself about the end results. I can not describe the knowledge Nick knows about what he does. If anyone does decide to go down there, be assured you are in safe hands.

Now to the main topic, the motor. I had a pick up service from Craig at the station then we went straight to CCT HQ (This place is nothing like you have seen before, its massive) The work on the car was, One off Hybrid Turbo, DE-DPF, EGR-Delete nothing like this has been seen on an A4 that we can find. So how does the car drive? Like no other! How Nick managed to get it to drive like a petrol with the torque of a diesel I will never know. It's always got the power there when you need it! Me and Craig had a little sprint down the motorway just to be sure I was happy with the car, and boy was I. The difference was night and day, it doesn't run out of steam like most diesels do. Ask the Audi TT driver on the M6, he wasn't a happy bunny. Smoke is present but not at all like what It was like on my Golf MK4 TDI. I'm sure the Audi would of had no problems pulling away from my 350Z on the motorway it just pulls and pulls, change gear, pulls and pulls! The sound it makes was described to me as a "tight owl".....The turbo is quite audible and highly addictive! I used a 1/4 of a tank from Manchester to Bournemouth! How?!

I can not thank Nick and Craig enough for the service they carried out! If you accept the challenge, I have another car lined up in the next year or two  :wink:   

I will post a graph when I fix the scanner.... :undecided:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #94 on: 08 December 2011, 17:42 »
Ace mate, I'll ask Nick to send you the graph over  :wink:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #95 on: 08 December 2011, 17:42 »
Ace mate, I'll ask Nick to send you the graph over  :wink:

You sure hes not sick of seeing or hearing about the car :grin:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #96 on: 08 December 2011, 20:35 »
Nope, he still wants to do one more mod on it in 2012 though  :grin:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #97 on: 08 December 2011, 20:59 »

What mod would that be?

Down Hill From Here.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #98 on: 08 December 2011, 21:13 »

What mod would that be?

Since when did I spill the beans on forums?  :lipsrsealed:

Text en route  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #99 on: 08 December 2011, 21:14 »

What mod would that be?

Going to need to be something special to keep up with me next year  :lipsrsealed: