Author Topic: gti gaz mk 3 gti ongoing  (Read 4278 times)

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
gti gaz mk 3 gti ongoing
« on: 13 May 2012, 21:05 »
ok so hear we have my red mk 3 8 valve gti owned for about 3 years
was my daily so was kept kinda standard for ages went into my garage after clutch started to slip in march 2011
recently moved house and have a garage with loads more  space to give it a much needed make over.

so a couple of pictures of it in january 2010

managed to get a right bargin ok ebay not so long ago tuning art coillies, full milltec with de cat, 2 corbeau forza sport 2000s{which i need to find road legal runners for}, strut brace, fuel pump and sender, dizzys, hall sensor, engine wiring loom, and a few other bits all for £225 was well chuffed as you can imangine.

so knew i needed new wings as the old ones had some rot so they came off and found this

am going to treat this for now as its not that bad but will weld a plate in there as the other side is the same

so coillies fitted front

rear

centre excuse the mud still not cleaned it since bringing it hear live near a famr now

so quite low but not over the top bit bumpy in cornwall  and dont fancy popping a hole in my sump

jobs still to do fit seats [when i can find road legal runners] PLEASE HELP!!
fit strut brace, fit new sender as mine is s**t, oping to fit milltec next weekend,
order new wings, then start a new list of parts clutch ect ect.

the biggest problem i have is to decide what to do with the car when its all done put it on the road and use as a weekend car or use it as a weekend car and hill climb it as i have 3 kids money is quite tight so am giving myself till run to the sun 2013 to get this finished as live 10 min drive away from newquay seams the right thing to do.

Ideas very welcome, and if anyone knows ware or how i can get hold of some road legal runners for the seats would be wicked as cant find any my self as of yet.
chears

Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
Re: gti gaz mk 3 gti ongoing
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2012, 12:19 »
ok so bit of a update got the the old exhaust out yesturday and after first thoughts that down pipe was split relived to see it was just the heat sheild on it that was damaged so the fight to get the lambdas out can now start.

also  had a better look at the drivers sill and floor that will need welding all the pics are in my mk 3 project thread

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2012, 08:46 »
right am off on holiday for a week and rtt when i get home so wont be updating for a couple weeks enjoy the sun people  :grin:

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2012, 22:22 »
so run to the sun over back off holiday and back to work   :angry: have done a few bits to the gti though milltec is fitted slight leak but will be coming off again when the engine and box come out, front bumper is off again also the slam panal took the bonnet off tonight to get a bit more space and light to work with.

have also been playing with some paint never been the best with it but am quite impressed with the results so far have done the vw badge from the standard grill, air intake which i stupidly decided to put in the front bumper ages ago but will be re loacating when new bumper is ere also crank breather cover there all done in satin black with a red which can only be decribed as [ spit ] once the laptop stops being a thingy will upload some pics let me know what you guys and gals think.

things to come once the money is avalible

front bumper
front wings
twin fan slam panal
new head lights
more painting
new clutch
lightened and ballanced fly wheel
gear box rebuild
finaly get the new seats fitted
and decide what to do with the motor
thats as far as the list goes for now and not going to happen over night  :grin:
will post pics soon

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2012, 10:27 »
So looks like the gti is going to be broken  :angry: picked up a vr on Sunday and the shell is in far batter condition so swap the coillies over and the milltec at the weekend (that's the plan) then see how she devlops am a bit gutted about the gti but the be wins hands down will get some pics up when my laptop stops being a virused f ing toss price

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2012, 20:31 »
shame about the gti mate but hope the vr is better for ya  :wink: get some pic's up soon as ya can  :smiley:

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2012, 20:27 »
The new vr putting this pic up from phone hope it works.        

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
Re: gti gaz mk 3 gti ongoing new vr6 braking gti
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2012, 20:42 »
pic of engine

pic of other side thats it for the min breaking the gti if anyone needs bits

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2012, 20:47 »
VR looks good Gaz :smiley:

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2012, 20:57 »
chears dude long time to find but got there in the end and found it by sherrrr luck cheap to, new cv boot and get the milltec on it then the fun can start  :grin: