Author Topic: dasheys colour concept  (Read 4089 times)

Offline dashey

• GTI forum regular
dasheys colour concept
« on: 26 May 2011, 20:53 »
When I bought this it was a bog standard 2.0 8v colour concept got it off my mate for peanuts the only catch was i had to put it together so got it home and cracked on with it the next day got it road legal and put a year ticket on it
 After about 2 weeks I was already bored of the power it was quite nippy but not good enough so I set out to get a vr6 engine box etc etc so went and got me a doner car a few pics then went from this to this I would of took a lot more pictures could of done a step by step but i was using my mates dads garage and i had to be out by the end of the day anyway put the wheels of the doner car on to mine and decided to lower it because it was sitting disgustingly high i know you can see a jack in the picture but i promise you its not jacked up so lowered it 60mm this is how it was looking for a while but didnt really like the arches thought they was a bit tacky but hey each to their own so took them off and this is how she is up to this current date i have a vento front end to go on just need to get it sprayed also need to get a VRT manifold then it shall be turbo then some kercsher carmonas and i'll be happy i'll keep this updated as much as i can

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: dasheys colour concept
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2011, 20:54 »
Great work so far. :afro:

Offline neil1780

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2011, 21:26 »
looks much better mate, i like the colour of these aswell :afro: Allthough i prefer it with the arches :smiley:

Did you get the 8v going?

V6 4MOTION

Offline dashey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2011, 21:35 »
Yeah in my brothers car all it was was a dodgy number 30 relay sorted now up and running thank god for that

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2011, 21:41 »
For a moment I panicked when flicking through this, I thought you had primer greyed the whole car! :grin:
It looks really nice, looks like the interior could do with the leather treating or something though? I've got a leather interior in mine I need to do sometime as well.

You could prob flog the number plate on the grey vr6 shell?

Adrian
« Last Edit: 26 May 2011, 21:43 by Adezmk3 »

Offline dashey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2011, 22:03 »
For a moment I panicked when flicking through this, I thought you had primer greyed the whole car! :grin:
It looks really nice, looks like the interior could do with the leather treating or something though? I've got a leather interior in mine I need to do sometime as well.

You could prob flog the number plate on the grey vr6 shell?

Adrian
haha never would i primer it even though its going for a respray soon yeah to be honest i do need to do the seats but im not a big beleiver in all that leather treat stuff in my head i think it just makes it a bit shiney but i suppose can't knock it till i tryed it yeah got ride of the number plate more or less straight awayy tidy sum for it :) if you do treat your leather let me no how it goes

Offline dashey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2011, 10:31 »
Just a small update i done a vr conversion for a friend and he didnt want the interior so took the lower glove box and put it in had to cut it cause i have the air coditioning heaterbox so sticks out more leaving me with no room to put anything in it but paperwork but hey its in there i dearched the car a while back and resulting in this it left little gaps in the door moldings so i bought some vr6 highline ones of a guy on here who was breaking his car and imo it made a big difference thats it for now hoping to get hold of some schrick cams and get the
 Put i. As soon as possible will put pictures up and let you know how much difference it has made

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2011, 12:01 »
Nice going on sorting yourself out a Colour Concept VR6...  :cool:

Good work so far. :afro:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2011, 12:05 »
nice little project mate  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes: