Author Topic: Mk3 GTI 8v & VR6  (Read 4170 times)

Offline MaverickG60

• Not said much yet
Mk3 GTI 8v & VR6
« on: 19 December 2010, 14:06 »
Thought I'd post some pictures of past Mk3's

My favourite - Mk3 GTI 8v

This had the rather sort after votex kit on from manufacture and compomotive wheels.

Mk3 VR6

Got some more pictures knocking about, will post up later on.

As for current cars I'm currently doing a TFSI conversion in to a Corrado G60 and now another Mk3 Golf GTI  :cool:

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
Re: Mk3 GTI 8v & VR6
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2010, 14:10 »
Nice! I think I prefer the VR6 myself.  :cool:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2010, 14:24 »
Lovely clean cars :cool: i'm not a fan of the splitter / skirts on the GTi but it's not my car :D i'd redo the red pinstripe though, will look fresh!

Dan

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2010, 14:56 »
Not keen on the bodykit, VR is nice however.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2010, 15:02 »
Like both of them not usually a fan of body kits but that ones looks nice on the GTi.Loving the engine in the VR looks super clean  :wink:

« Last Edit: 19 December 2010, 15:10 by 16v_blu »
Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 19 December 2010, 15:05 »
Opps sorry bud didnt relise this was a post in dub rides
Golf Gti

Offline Malz0r

• Here all the time
  • Haters gunna hate.
« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2010, 15:48 »
Iv got one of those front splitters sat in my garage! any idea what there called or spose to be from? have always wonderd? got it from a scappy for 2 quid :D

Offline Malz0r

• Here all the time
  • Haters gunna hate.
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2010, 15:49 »
Never mind sorrry i just spotted it my bad! :D

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2010, 15:56 »
dont like the votex kit personally, or the red stripes or the 4x4 stance but a clean example all the same, id say the VR looks alot better even if not as clean

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline MaverickG60

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 December 2010, 16:33 »
Thanks for the comments chaps. That's one of the reasons I like the Mk3, it comes in so many forms and everybody mods them differently. Different is  :cool:.

I appreciate that the votex set up on the 8v isn't everyone's taste and to be honest I wasn't massively excited about either but I picked that car up in a very bad state and turned it around. I had it on the road for just over 2 years then tracked it, mainly at RAF Marham, was a right laugh, it worried some of the VR boys in the bends  :grin:

The day I picked up the VR was massive for me as I had every type of Mk3, besides a 16v, before hand and this was seen as the pinnicle Mk3. It didn't disappoint, sure the stock suspension was questionable with that engine and performance but nothing a decent set of coilovers couldn't fix. I found the engine noise so addictive, especially through 2nd and 3rd, lovely sound. I ended up swapping her plus a bit of cash my way for a '92 Corrado G60, which I adore, love it to bits, so much character! She is currently undergoing some major modifications in the engine department, can't wait to have it finished however much it's bloody costing me  :shocked: but worth it in the end.