Author Topic: Second car insurance?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline g3uvn

• Not said much yet
Second car insurance?
« on: 06 January 2013, 01:47 »
I bought an 8v MK3 back in August for £285 in the hope to get it fixed up and insure it come my renewal in December 2012. I got it all fixed, but around November time the quotes went from around £2000 a year to about £3500 TPF&T which I had just struggled paying for on my 1.4 MK3 (18 y.o with no NCB :sad:). I decided to call it quits and reinsured the 1.4 with RAC for £950 FC.

I just did an insurance quote on the GTI for a social only 4k mile policy and I got TPF&T quotes of around £750 for a year, I would be happy to pay this so I can actually drive it rather then let it sit under a cover for a year.

My question is, come December when im up for renewal on the 1.4 - I would want to drive the GTI as my primary car, or I plan too, but it would have a few months left on the policy as im thinking of insuring it around april. Would I have to cancel the policy before hand, which would incur a charge or is it less simple than that?

I have 1 years NCB on the 1.4, would I also be able to claim that on the GTI or would that start out at 0 NCB? I dont really understand how this second car insurance works and I dont know if it would be easier just to wait it out till december.

Cheers for any help!