Author Topic: mk4 amp wires?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
mk4 amp wires?
« on: 11 April 2004, 11:24 »
Right, i have just had my alpine v12 amp delivered from a nice man from e-bay. Wheres the best place to run the wire from the battery? I was hoping there would be an easily accessable grommet somewhere that has room for a power wire.
Any one fitted in a mark4 got any tips? before i crack into it today?
cheers people 8)

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh

Offline Overseer

• I live here
Re:mk4 amp wires?
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2004, 19:05 »
i've helped do it in a 4motion.. it wasnt fun.

there is a grommet on the passenger side, we had to remove something that was in the way, cant remember what it was, wasnt hard to do that part, getting the damn thing through was though.
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2004, 21:31 »
I spent all day taking the glove compartment an other parts of the dash in hope that something will jump out an say"look here's where u wanna put it" like f@ck! it looks a bloody nightmare. Gone off the idea now! even just connecting the battery looks a bummer!  ???

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh

Offline paladin

• Not said much yet
  • Call me old and I'll smack the sh!t out of you.
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2004, 22:28 »
Sorry man, Mk3's got plenty of unused plugged holes in the firewall.

I havn't looked on a mk4, but there's got to be a plugged hole somewhere near the master cyl.
'94 Mk III 2.0
Bosal cat-back:K&N w/mod.airbox:GIAC
Alpine 9815
JBL BassPro
CDT Audio HD-52 in reinforced q-form kicks
MB Quart 218.21 (mid's) in rear
QuietCar (being applied)