Author Topic: Any iPod users here? mkII iPod Install  (Read 1767 times)

Offline reserves

• GTI forum regular
Any iPod users here? mkII iPod Install
« on: 17 February 2004, 09:58 »
I'm just about to do a full install (mkII, 3 dr) and have now decided to include my ipod in the install.

I don't know how many of you use an iPod in your VW's but I have discovered a couple of things that have made me think about including mine.

I can convert my Kenwood's Head units CD changer input into a proper Aux in for just ?30

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=87

With the new ipod it's possible to charge it and use the proper line out with this for ?25:

http://kryton.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/mannelectronics?listPos=&search=&productID=102&op=catalogue-product_info

I plan to add a cigarette lighter behind the center console the unit will be plugged in at all times and then just run one wire through the centre console which will charge my ipod and connect straight to my stereo.

Nice and neat and keeping the SQ as good as can be.

I would love to include some kind of neat stand that can fit it the center console which I can just snap my ipod into, and take the iPod out when I leave my car, this but I think will be tricky, anyone have any ideas? This should look great as no wires will show.

Thoughts?

R

« Last Edit: 17 February 2004, 09:59 by reserves »

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
Re:Any iPod users here? mkII iPod Install
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2004, 16:05 »
johnny knoxville has one. I saw him with it on a jackass once.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2004, 15:35 »
Check out www.everythingipod.com

They've got a section for car stuff, including a couple of mounting systems.

Sounds like fun.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2004, 18:37 »
I just knocked out that bit in the glovebox next to the light and poked my AUX wires through into it. now I can just connect up my laptop or sister's ipod to the headunit.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline spikey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2004, 21:26 »
Before you buy anything have you tried Expansys.co.uk it takes a bit of looking at but there is a number to ring if you have any problems.

Today while browsing i saw a unit that sells for approx ?20. You plug iit into the IPOD/MP3/IPAQ and change the frequency until your radio picks it up