Author Topic: Custom fit speakers for Cabriolet.  (Read 3617 times)

old_boy

Custom fit speakers for Cabriolet.
« on: 11 January 2004, 10:12 »
Anyone recommend some decent custom fit speakers for a MK1 cab?
Im not into BOOM-BOOM-BOOM type set ups as im far too old for this, Im not currently running any amps but im not ruling this option out.
I dont want to spend a fortune on the system nor cut the car about.

Offline Helios_Blue_Valver

• I live here
Re:Custom fit speakers for Cabriolet.
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2004, 12:24 »
What size speakers are you looking for? I have had good luck with Infinity Kappa speakers. Excellent sound but they are pricey. The Kenwood Excelon range is nice as well. :)

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2004, 18:32 »
phoenix gold are excellent good balance of sound, dont know about custom fit tho  :)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2004, 19:43 »
I have kenwood 6x4 in the rear panels - straight swap for the O.E. speakers, but they do sound better now I have them running from an amp. The front ones will differ depending on your car - older cab have the smaller door pockets, and thus have smaller speaker pockets, but as mine is a later model, I think they are the same as the mk2s
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2004, 20:37 »
Pretty much all the manufacturers will produce a custom fit option for your Golf. Any decent ICE shop will carry the fitment guide 'bibles' so stroll in and see whats available. Then audition them and see what you like the sound of.

By the way that cab of yours looks sweeeeeeeet, really nice.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

old_boy

« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2004, 14:28 »
Thanks guys! ;)
I'll try not to get too carried away when i go into the city this week!

Offline Scwartzcab

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2004, 15:05 »
Custom fit cab speakers rarer than hens teeth, not one company does a direct replacement hence why i still have no custom fot speakers, mind you I do have an 85 karman ghia .

Any one can tell me an exact part no. i d be most appreciative.

n the best thing to do with the fronts ...

ta muchly :)

Offline LostBok

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2004, 12:44 »
Try: http://www.pioneer-eur.com Car Audio - Custom/Universal and then "Select the right speakers for my car".... they list 3dr Golf Mk1, just work out which apply to yr car....
LOSTBOK
Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory fitted Xenons, BOSE, and full sports leather "Soul Black / Titanium".
Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, Aero wiper mod.
In progress: 5 x OEM S4/Ronal 'Avus' 18's & 235/45ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-R (bah! wheels delayed until WC 27-JUL-09)
Researching: Colour DIS, Freeview and DAB tuner with iPodvid/PSP/AV in for the RNS-E.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2004, 12:49 »
I'd be tempted to build your own door pods from MDF.  you can fit whatever size speakers you want then within reason. The mk1 door cards are piss easy to put pods on as they're all flat. you might need to rethink the clips that hold the card to the door, but otherwise it's easy.

MDF, a jigsaw, glue and vinyl. ;D
Mk4 Golf 150PD

old_boy

« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2004, 09:39 »
Hey Dizzie,
glue and vinyl i can do, but dont let me near a jigsaw! :o
Sold my cab now, but my MK3 could use your advice.
I've got some decent Kenwoods all round, but for a touch of bass, i got one of those Blaupunkt subwoofer boxes you get on the new VW/Audi range,
Hopefully wired up soon!