Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61542 times)

Offline Vman

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R (Rising Blue)
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #220 on: 27 September 2008, 19:36 »
£21750.if you add xenons, leather (estimate £800 and £1700 and if you buy in 2010 showroom tax £300.You are talking close to 25k.How much is the R going to be? You can shop around and get the face lift s3 now for 8% to 10% discount brand new with leather and xenons standard for around 25k.Vw are taking the pi$$ especially with those 5 year old alloys.
Exactly my thinking. Some people will pay anything for a GTI i won't. I may have been a GTI fan since the mk1 first came out and Always owned a GTI since the late 80s but i refuse to be ripped off and to me that is the case with the mk6 they make it cheaper then the mk5 then charge more for it!
It may get more standard equipment but when its so much more expensive than the competition (and now cost the same to make!) and you can get so much more  discount off rival brands it works out many thousands more expensive in the price you pay. A badge, VW should know is only worth so much its about time this country and many owners and future owners woke up to badge snobbery and see what other countries are doing, we pay far too much just for a badge. We are been ripped off BIG TIME by VW.
I as many know was looking forward to the mk6 and was someone who may have bought one BUT at this time im going to wait let the initial brainwashed idiots pay near list see how things start to go then either buy a slight used one, find a big discount on one OR buy a secondhand mk5 maybe an Ed30 instead to go with our current GTIs.

I totally agree with you. Also the way car sales are at the moment, I think you would have to be very stupid to pay the list price. I work for a big car company, making one of the best selling cars in Europe and we have gone to a 3 day week, so I imagine that VW must also be feeling the pinch and I have to say VW have not picked the best time to launch this new model.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!
« Reply #221 on: 27 September 2008, 19:40 »
 i know this year, vw have overtaken sales figures from Ford and Vauxhall according to one of the mags. Should be like you say interesting to see what dealers discount will be  to help boost sales figures come release.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #222 on: 27 September 2008, 20:44 »
What they will prob do with the GTI is
Big up the GTI heritage and brand, as well as play on the upmarket feel of the mk6 and VW brand.
Restrict supply to the dealers, call it a niche model in the dealers line up and so only guarantee the dealers ~3% margin and big/hype the model up in all the magazines to get the punters through the door. That way VW get more profit, dealers suffer and buyers get little if any discount. Everyone except VW looses.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2008, 20:47 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline telboy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #223 on: 27 September 2008, 20:52 »
Well,....I think I'll have to just wait and see it in the flesh as to be quite honest,....not 100% that it's a big enough step forward, sure is more like a mk 5.5.

I'm also not sure on the black side skirt indent thingy, I prefer the set up we have on the mk5,...looks more aggresive. I think this makes it look like they've cut away a bit of the sides on the mk6,....?????

Also the splitting of the exhaust holes makes it look a bit weedy, they need to beef them up a bit.

As for the interior, well blue lights all the way for me!

The mk5 is such a great car and has won sooooooo many awards that it is bound to be a very hard act to follow!

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #224 on: 27 September 2008, 21:02 »
Also the way car sales are at the moment, I think you would have to be very stupid to pay the list price. I work for a big car company, making one of the best selling cars in Europe and we have gone to a 3 day week, so I imagine that VW must also be feeling the pinch and I have to say VW have not picked the best time to launch this new model.

....I'm not sure I agree with you, although it's not a good time for any car manufacturer. The Mk6 Golf might be attractive to those people wanting to size down but to still have the comparitive solidity of a German car. Besides, the program of bringing this car to market will have started to roll long ago.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline WobGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #225 on: 28 September 2008, 11:25 »
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/25092008/36/t/vw-reveals-new-golf-gti-0.html

like the steering wheel.

exhaust is a bit funky? looks a lot more angry? lots more straight lines?
Mk5 GTI | Full Leather | Winter Pack

http://www.symesmini.com
http://www.pinkmini.com

Offline maxamus

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 28 September 2008, 22:24 »
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/25092008/36/t/vw-reveals-new-golf-gti-0.html

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #227 on: 29 September 2008, 09:13 »
As written in a previous post I had the pleasure of seeing the car in the flesh last week at the International launch of the MK6 Golf in Berlin.
It was in red and looked fantastic. I wasn't convinced at all having seen the pictures the previous day in the motoring press, but I've got to say the car has real presence in the flesh with it's muscular shoulder line and agressive nose. The rear light's look better suited to the GTI and the exhaust's are an improvement and will mark the car out from the rest of the Golf range.

Cheers,
Nathan

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #228 on: 29 September 2008, 10:22 »

What shade of red? - Tornado Red? Metallic Firespark Red? Dull Salsa Red? Special RedRobin Pink Red?

No pics?

:afro:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #229 on: 29 September 2008, 11:12 »

What shade of red? - Tornado Red? Metallic Firespark Red? Dull Salsa Red? Special RedRobin Pink Red?

No pics?

:afro:

Tornado by the looks of it. No pics, all mobiles removed before we went into the buliding, then had to walk through metal detectors!