Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61529 times)

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #210 on: 27 September 2008, 16:43 »
£21750.if you add xenons, leather (estimate £800 and £1700 and if you buy in 2010 showroom tax £300.You are talking close to 25k.How much is the R going to be? You can shop around and get the face lift s3 now for 8% to 10% discount brand new with leather and xenons standard for around 25k.Vw are taking the pi$$ especially with those 5 year old alloys.
Exactly my thinking. Some people will pay anything for a GTI i won't. I may have been a GTI fan since the mk1 first came out and Always owned a GTI since the late 80s but i refuse to be ripped off and to me that is the case with the mk6 they make it cheaper then the mk5 then charge more for it!
It may get more standard equipment but when its so much more expensive than the competition (and now cost the same to make!) and you can get so much more  discount off rival brands it works out many thousands more expensive in the price you pay. A badge, VW should know is only worth so much its about time this country and many owners and future owners woke up to badge snobbery and see what other countries are doing, we pay far too much just for a badge. We are been ripped off BIG TIME by VW.
I as many know was looking forward to the mk6 and was someone who may have bought one BUT at this time im going to wait let the initial brainwashed idiots pay near list see how things start to go then either buy a slight used one, find a big discount on one OR buy a secondhand mk5 maybe an Ed30 instead to go with our current GTIs.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!
« Reply #211 on: 27 September 2008, 16:44 »
Some more pics, apologies if these have allready been posted.

http://auto.t-online.de/c/16/30/98/44/16309844,pt=self,si=0,topic=12411686.html

looking good!

Peskarik

Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #212 on: 27 September 2008, 17:11 »
£21750.if you add xenons, leather (estimate £800 and £1700 and if you buy in 2010 showroom tax £300.You are talking close to 25k.How much is the R going to be? You can shop around and get the face lift s3 now for 8% to 10% discount brand new with leather and xenons standard for around 25k.Vw are taking the pi$$ especially with those 5 year old alloys.
Exactly my thinking. Some people will pay anything for a GTI i won't. I may have been a GTI fan since the mk1 first came out and Always owned a GTI since the late 80s but i refuse to be ripped off and to me that is the case with the mk6 they make it cheaper then the mk5 then charge more for it!
It may get more standard equipment but when its so much more expensive than the competition (and now cost the same to make!) and you can get so much more  discount off rival brands it works out many thousands more expensive in the price you pay. A badge, VW should know is only worth so much its about time this country and many owners and future owners woke up to badge snobbery and see what other countries are doing, we pay far too much just for a badge. We are been ripped off BIG TIME by VW.
I as many know was looking forward to the mk6 and was someone who may have bought one BUT at this time im going to wait let the initial brainwashed idiots pay near list see how things start to go then either buy a slight used one, find a big discount on one OR buy a secondhand mk5 maybe an Ed30 instead to go with our current GTIs.

VW... what badge snobbery?!  :shocked:
If you said Audi, BMW, or Mercedes, I would have understood, but VW  :undecided:

Offline tonyh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #213 on: 27 September 2008, 18:39 »
Some more pics, apologies if these have allready been posted.

http://auto.t-online.de/c/16/30/98/44/16309844,pt=self,si=0,topic=12411686.html

looking good!

i agree it looks fab- love the backlit gear knob and new interior - nice to see the check cloth back too  :cool:

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #214 on: 27 September 2008, 18:45 »
im gonna have to wait till it arrives in the flesh, also looking foward to  Jeremy clarksons reaction when he gets his hands on it. He was My main reason wanting to go get a Mk5 GTi over all the other hot hatch's.

Some people think hes a loon, but he is genuinely a golf GTi Fan, These mags are very good at making things look really rosie, But its gonna have to be a real Leap foward to get me out of my ed30.
The Car is just fantastic to look at, and cant get tired enough ast just looking at it :smiley:

Peskarik

« Reply #215 on: 27 September 2008, 18:48 »
im gonna have to wait till it arrives in the flesh, also looking foward to  Jeremy clarksons reaction when he gets his hands on it. He was My main reason wanting to go get a Mk5 GTi over all the other hot hatch's.

Some people think hes a loon, but he is genuinely a golf GTi Fan, These mags are very good at making things look really rosie, But its gonna have to be a real Leap foward to get me out of my ed30.
The Car is just fantastic to look at, and cant get tired enough ast just looking at it :smiley:

Phil, what do you think of JC's dislike of Porsches?

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #216 on: 27 September 2008, 18:50 »
I agree, Rear engine in that car is oh so in the wrong place, should be in the middle. Its just a balistic Beetle

Ive never been draw towards Porsches  :smiley:

sorry, i could never afford one, and if i could i wouldnt even entertain one

Offline tonyh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #217 on: 27 September 2008, 18:59 »
jc's dislike for 911s is misplaced - the car is fantastic ... i had 2 964s and 4 993s  :laugh:

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #218 on: 27 September 2008, 19:02 »
i just do like those cars, to me its the same car theyve produced in 30 odd years.

sorry if the 911 lovers think different. Im just one of a minority i guess.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #219 on: 27 September 2008, 19:13 »

I like Porsches.

Phil - Yes, it's going to be really interesting to hear what JC has to say about the Mk6 GTI. Exactly like you, JC's review on TG was what had me making phone calls the next day!

:afro:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2