Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61551 times)

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #200 on: 27 September 2008, 00:27 »
Does this mean the MK5 price will plummet?

....I expect so. It means that my 06-build 05-plate Mk5 GTI with 53k miles is probably worth less than £10k - But I'm still loving mine and it's not for sale!

Do you fancy a 'previously owned' Mk5?

In the future, I think a progression to the Mk5 will most likely take place. Previously owned also are certainly good options.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #201 on: 27 September 2008, 00:35 »
Does this mean the MK5 price will plummet?

....I expect so. It means that my 06-build 05-plate Mk5 GTI with 53k miles is probably worth less than £10k - But I'm still loving mine and it's not for sale!

Do you fancy a 'previously owned' Mk5?

In the future, I think a progression to the Mk5 will most likely take place. Previously owned also are certainly good options.

....Horney has already expressed a possible interest in my Mk5 some time far into the future. Although it's heavily modified it's being very regularly serviced and already has some new parts which will extend its life. A modded car can be a very good buy if well loved and looked after.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Peskarik

Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!
« Reply #202 on: 27 September 2008, 08:07 »
Im staggered theyve stuck with the Monza II's  :huh:

Yup, all they have done is painted the inners in black instead of grey, added a few interior bits and the nose from the Scirocco.

You can tell they have been influenced by the Porsche school of lazy development :grin: :laugh:

maybe
but as long as the interior is not screech-rattle-n-shaking the way it does in Mk5, it is a huge progress.
I love my car, but those rattles really bring the feel of quality to the bottom!

Peskarik

« Reply #203 on: 27 September 2008, 08:09 »
It is growing on me quite a lot.I just went to put me ed30 on the trader but i just keep thinking same car less power.Ed30 owners may aswell wait for the so called R version.I read yesterday on a german site its rumoured to have 280 ps

it is basically going to be S3 "made by VW", but without the top-notch interior
So there is not going to be a light, powerful FWD car after E30, seems like.
That makes E30 very special. (But damn damn those rattles!)

Peskarik

« Reply #204 on: 27 September 2008, 08:12 »
Its a shame that they have done away the blue dash lights, I wonder if it was because its cheaper with white lights or the fact that blue light in general is bad for your eyes.

I agree!
Why did they do that? The blue lighting was great! Now it is cold white lights that we have in Audi and many other cars. Conformity rules..  :sick:

Peskarik

« Reply #205 on: 27 September 2008, 08:13 »
Its a shame that they have done away the blue dash lights, I wonder if it was because its cheaper with white lights or the fact that blue light in general is bad for your eyes.

....I didn't know that. I assume it's only if you stare at it. What does blue light do to your eyes? :cool:

makes you relax too much and feel too comfy. We can't have that! Let's be like everyone else and use the cold white lighting instead, and save a few bucks! DIsgrace  :sick:

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #206 on: 27 September 2008, 09:19 »
I think the Mk5 will age better than the Mk4 - well in fact like I said earlier its has ages better, will this effect price ... who knows.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #207 on: 27 September 2008, 13:14 »

....I didn't know that. I assume it's only if you stare at it. What does blue light do to your eyes? :cool:

Some shades of blue light can tire your eyes out quicker than white light. Personally I've never had any problems with the shade of blue used in the mk5, since it is nice and deep. It's not blinding but it's still very visible in the dark. Lighter or brighter shades of blue are harsh on the eyes in the dark though.
Personally I prefer the blue to the white. A friend of mine has a corolla with white dash lights, sometimes they are so white it's blinding so he turns them down, but then you can barely see the readout! Blue is the only way to go im  :cool:.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Vman

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R (Rising Blue)
« Reply #208 on: 27 September 2008, 13:26 »

I always get good comments on the blue dash lights as I think they look really good and set the interior off at night. As for the blue light I was at the opthalmology dept with my partner who's getting cancer treatment there and they where shinning a blue light into her eye, I just happened to ask the question why blue light!!  He said it shows up  certain things in the eye, most of it went over my head to be honest. He basically said  prolonged exposure  is not good for your eyes. And then I though about my GTI dash lights and why more car companys don't use it.

I come across this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-light_hazard

Peskarik

« Reply #209 on: 27 September 2008, 14:28 »

I always get good comments on the blue dash lights as I think they look really good and set the interior off at night. As for the blue light I was at the opthalmology dept with my partner who's getting cancer treatment there and they where shinning a blue light into her eye, I just happened to ask the question why blue light!!  He said it shows up  certain things in the eye, most of it went over my head to be honest. He basically said  prolonged exposure  is not good for your eyes. And then I though about my GTI dash lights and why more car companys don't use it.

I come across this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-light_hazard

yeah, only the blue light in GTI is not UV or short-wavelength high-energy light