Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61534 times)

Offline orca

• GTI forum regular
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!
« Reply #190 on: 26 September 2008, 19:17 »
I think it's ok but nothing special.  I don't think the inside looks any better (a bit worse maybe).  I don't like the steering wheel and there's not enough storage room in the doors.

I quite like the rear bumper though and the exhaust.

If it's cheaper to make then why is it going to be more expensive to buy?  Are the savings not going to be passed onto us?

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #191 on: 26 September 2008, 19:22 »
It is growing on me quite a lot.I just went to put me ed30 on the trader but i just keep thinking same car less power.Ed30 owners may aswell wait for the so called R version.I read yesterday on a german site its rumoured to have 280 ps
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline golfgti5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #192 on: 26 September 2008, 19:22 »
I think that some things will change, it's just i study say's volkswagen.nl
GTI Mk7 DSG Candy White, 19" Santiagos, Discover Media, xenon, Executive Package, ACC, PDC, Park Assist, Alarm+......

Offline duzza

• Here all the time
« Reply #193 on: 26 September 2008, 19:45 »
It is growing on me quite a lot.I just went to put me ed30 on the trader but i just keep thinking same car less power.Ed30 owners may aswell wait for the so called R version.I read yesterday on a german site its rumoured to have 280 ps
I thought the MK6 Gti had the Ed30 engine?
GTI Edition 30, Metalic grey, MFD2, Highline, R32 Wheels

Offline duzza

• Here all the time
« Reply #194 on: 26 September 2008, 19:47 »
Im staggered theyve stuck with the Monza II's  :huh:

Yup, all they have done is painted the inners in black instead of grey, added a few interior bits and the nose from the Scirocco.

You can tell they have been influenced by the Porsche school of lazy development :grin: :laugh:
I was thinking more of the fact they must have had about 50% of the current crop back!
GTI Edition 30, Metalic grey, MFD2, Highline, R32 Wheels

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #195 on: 26 September 2008, 19:49 »
I thought the MK6 Gti had the Ed30 engine?
No the launch version is just using this new engine with about 10 bhp extra, but lower emissions.  :smiley:

Offline Vman

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R (Rising Blue)
« Reply #196 on: 26 September 2008, 19:59 »
Its a shame that they have done away the blue dash lights, I wonder if it was because its cheaper with white lights or the fact that blue light in general is bad for your eyes.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #197 on: 26 September 2008, 20:00 »

All the European car manufacturers are under pressure to produce cars with lower emissions. It's a gradual evolution and I expect we'll see engine revisions and new model versions more often than in previous years. In other words, the version life cycles of many cars will shorten - The Mk7 will follow relatively sooner than in previous times. But I hope this won't effect the quality of build and longevity of the car.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #198 on: 26 September 2008, 20:02 »
Its a shame that they have done away the blue dash lights, I wonder if it was because its cheaper with white lights or the fact that blue light in general is bad for your eyes.

....I didn't know that. I assume it's only if you stare at it. What does blue light do to your eyes? :cool:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline neg

• I live here
« Reply #199 on: 26 September 2008, 20:16 »
Blue light maybe not great when looking directly at the bulb but as a backlight it perfectly fine.

I had a Mk4 GTI when they were first released and at night everyone commented on how cool the blue lights were.

I must say though, when I had the Mk4 after say 3 years it did start to feel old, same with the Mk1 Leon cupra but with the Mk5 it seems they did a great job, I dont think it has aged much at all, still feels modern, has all the toys etc.