Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61522 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #150 on: 25 September 2008, 12:49 »

I keep telling people here not to hold their breath for a R-version - It really is all just rumours and speculation at the moment - Never trust a journalist!

No it isn't - check out the last sentence of the following AE article:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/228492/golf-gti-turns-up-heat.html

"And if 207bhp isn’t enough for you, VW has confirmed a high-performance Golf R is also on the way."

....And who has written that? - A magazine journalist.

I hope I'm wrong but just because you read it in a magazine doesn't mean it's so - It's NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED BY VW in a published Press Release - Until it is, it's speculation.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #151 on: 25 September 2008, 12:52 »

^This looks much better - The lower honeycombe grill looks better defined, though possibly due to lighting.

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 25 September 2008, 13:13 »
yes im loving that dashboard, all except the Vauxhall esk Vxr streering wheel  :sick: :sick:.

is it me or does the steering wheel centre look like it came out of the astra

Not just me that thinks the same.Not keen on that wheel. Im sure those brake lamps would look better tinted .I do like the New exhaust layout, looks much more Sporty imo.

And for those Practical Family owners, really need to see what the 5 door would shape up to be.
« Last Edit: 25 September 2008, 13:15 by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #153 on: 25 September 2008, 13:17 »
I agree whay you say robin, look what happened with the iroc concept when that was 1st unveiled, and compare that too the released production version. Could change yet. When the 1st on arrives then we can speculate no longer.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
« Reply #154 on: 25 September 2008, 13:26 »

Even VW insiders who may know something, will keep their lips sealed. I pre-release test for Adobe and have to sign a 6-page anti-disclosure document. I know all sorts of things I'd love to share on this forum but have given my word not to make information public.

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #155 on: 25 September 2008, 13:30 »

Even VW insiders who may know something, will keep their lips sealed. I pre-release test for Adobe and have to sign a 6-page anti-disclosure document. I know all sorts of things I'd love to share on this forum but have given my word not to make information public.

I take it from that statement your in the SAS and killed 200 Argies in the Falklands.   :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dont worry Red my lips are  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Offline hotrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #156 on: 25 September 2008, 13:30 »
The whole exercise seems half-hearted, like you say more 5.5 than 6.

I really can’t get excited about this GTI, nor the Scirocco... maybe the GTI-R would float my boat.

Come up VW raise the bar!

GTI Edition 30 (1783)   Candy white   KKK04 turbo

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #157 on: 25 September 2008, 13:33 »
i think this should have been the mk5 and our mk5's being the new mk6. i think it looks more like a mk4 with the smaller front lights. i think the mk5 gti looks alot better than that, post a pic of the mk5 and mk6 next to each other, i think mk5 looks ALOT more aggressive and sportier. also it has mixed the slats and honeycombe together  :sick: :sick:
« Last Edit: 25 September 2008, 14:22 by joesgti »

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #158 on: 25 September 2008, 13:34 »
also i prefered the indicators in the headlights rather than lower in the bumper, just makes the front look messey  :sad:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #159 on: 25 September 2008, 13:55 »

^This looks much better - The lower honeycombe grill looks better defined, though possibly due to lighting.

looks much phatter than the mk5, looks more like the gti should  :cool:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints