Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61541 times)

Peskarik

Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #110 on: 24 September 2008, 19:26 »

I've just seen both Autocar and AutoExpress in WHSmiths Public Library - Not enough info to warrant buying the mags. 3-door white pictured.

It's very much as the latest rumoured pics - Scirocco style front and interior dashboard. Good to see the tartan cloth back! Nasty cheap looking steering wheel with too much fussy silver bits (too Audi). BBS White Worm Edition 18's but with black inserts rather than grey. Rear looks very Mk4-ish.

Ed30 engine, Scirocco suspension setup, VW electronic LSD (think I prefer the reliability of my Quaife). I think I read it's also got ADC - Adaptive Distance Control - Yuk!! No increase in 0-62 or top speed unless you count 2 mph.

I'm sure it will look better in the flesh and in other colours than white - The Mk5 looks better in white than the Mk6 imo.

Although both mags mention a future 'GTI-R' AWD, I'm not at all sure it will happen (unfortunately).

yep, Mk5 looks better in my opinion, too. Pity we did not have the LSD, though.

Peskarik

« Reply #111 on: 24 September 2008, 19:32 »
Here you go all...

gees... I don't like the piping either.
I am really into asymmetric double-shooters on the back, that is, like on GTI or on 135i.

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #112 on: 24 September 2008, 19:41 »
i like it, like the curves and the back end looks good very interesting!

Peskarik

« Reply #113 on: 24 September 2008, 19:47 »
i like it, like the curves and the back end looks good very interesting!

Yep, mini-Touareg.
Thank you, but no thank you.

And that black diffusor, that is too much Seat. THank you but no thank you.

WHITE all the way!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #114 on: 24 September 2008, 19:58 »
I like it. Looks great and probably goes great too!!

The new setup can only aid the sporting abilities... yet ensure its not too harsh for a daily commute. I know what you mean about another button you have to push before you drive but its better than having a harsh ride (Megane) or too soft a ride (A3). This means its can act in the manner you want it to.. a compromise i would say :smiley:

Now lets await the Daddy's appearance and reserve comments til then :grin:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #115 on: 24 September 2008, 19:59 »
Yes! Im so glad it's not love at first sight! Still not liking those rear lights  :sick:

I'd have thought they'd have changed the design of the Monza slightly?  :huh:

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 24 September 2008, 20:02 »
Im disapointed.especialy monza II's.love them on mark 5,but on anything else no for me.its like when people put them on mk ivs :sick:.just dont look natural.Im normaly one of those people who will want one of the first on the road,but their is nothing that makes me want to drop down from ed30.I think most with ed30 will wait for the R version.Maybe will grow on me and look better with real pics on road.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 24 September 2008, 20:32 »
£21750.if you add xenons, leather (estimate £800 and £1700 and if you buy in 2010 showroom tax £300.You are talking close to 25k.How much is the R going to be? You can shop around and get the face lift s3 now for 8% to 10% discount brand new with leather and xenons standard for around 25k.Vw are taking the pi$$ especially with those 5 year old alloys.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Peskarik

« Reply #118 on: 24 September 2008, 21:02 »
£21750.if you add xenons, leather (estimate £800 and £1700 and if you buy in 2010 showroom tax £300.You are talking close to 25k.How much is the R going to be? You can shop around and get the face lift s3 now for 8% to 10% discount brand new with leather and xenons standard for around 25k.Vw are taking the pi$$ especially with those 5 year old alloys.

they do take a wee, don't they?

I bet GTIR (if it even comes) will cost pretty penny. But then Audi comes out with new S3, maybe with 3.oTFSI in it?  :cool:

Offline fantazia92

• Not said much yet
« Reply #119 on: 24 September 2008, 21:03 »
I like it but more of a mark V.5 for me exterior wise. I've only had my GTI a few months, so wouldn't warrant a change for me (the day I see one in the flesh will probably change my mind though!).

I love Monza II's but would have thought these would be changed for the new release. Perhaps these pictures are not the final, final ones..