Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61515 times)

Offline john_o

• I live here
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #80 on: 24 September 2008, 16:20 »
and in auto express

XDS Electronic Limited Slip Diff too  :cool: (I guess thats similar to the new cooper s type)

wonder if it retro fits to the MkV ?  :tongue:
Black 3dr Edition 30 manual
DEFi boost gauge | ECS Dogbone | WLineAntiLiftKit

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #81 on: 24 September 2008, 16:31 »

I've just seen both Autocar and AutoExpress in WHSmiths Public Library - Not enough info to warrant buying the mags. 3-door white pictured.

It's very much as the latest rumoured pics - Scirocco style front and interior dashboard. Good to see the tartan cloth back! Nasty cheap looking steering wheel with too much fussy silver bits (too Audi). BBS White Worm Edition 18's but with black inserts rather than grey. Rear looks very Mk4-ish.

Ed30 engine, Scirocco suspension setup, VW electronic LSD (think I prefer the reliability of my Quaife). I think I read it's also got ADC - Adaptive Distance Control - Yuk!! No increase in 0-62 or top speed unless you count 2 mph.

I'm sure it will look better in the flesh and in other colours than white - The Mk5 looks better in white than the Mk6 imo.

Although both mags mention a future 'GTI-R' AWD, I'm not at all sure it will happen (unfortunately).
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #82 on: 24 September 2008, 16:34 »
Here you go all...

Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #83 on: 24 September 2008, 16:37 »
and in auto express

XDS Electronic Limited Slip Diff too  :cool: (I guess thats similar to the new cooper s type)

wonder if it retro fits to the MkV ?  :tongue:

....My Mk5 is in pieces as we 'speak' - Having a modified Quaife ATB diff installed. I think I will be happier with it than something else electronic but I'm fascinated to find out more about how the XDS diff works.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #84 on: 24 September 2008, 16:39 »
Any clues on the pricing in comparison to the 'rocco ?

Offline MAT ed30

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 24 September 2008, 16:41 »
i like that and i do like the R32 style pipes but would i swap mine for it  :undecided: maybe not

EDITION 30 NUMBER:- 1038 ,Forge dv,ecs dog bone insert,Tints,inpro smoked indicators,panel filter,Black badge,Black roof,Black wing mirrors,REVO stage 2,Blueflame TBE,neuspeed arb,Neuspeed drop links,KW V3,S3 Intercooler,VWR clutch and LSD,VWR 6 pot brakes,1956 vw beetle (2332cc)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 24 September 2008, 17:07 »
Are they official pics  :huh: i cant believe they are going to keep the monza II

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #87 on: 24 September 2008, 17:18 »
I have to agree. The Monza 2 look awesome but why after losing so much money on refurbs and replacements due to whiteworm etc would they keep it in the range? And besides that. Surely the MK6 will need something to set it apart?

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

WhiteGTI

« Reply #88 on: 24 September 2008, 17:20 »
I like it a lot!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #89 on: 24 September 2008, 17:23 »
I have to agree. The Monza 2 look awesome but why after losing so much money on refurbs and replacements due to whiteworm etc would they keep it in the range? And besides that. Surely the MK6 will need something to set it apart?

I would imagine there is a huge stockpile of them (the model was originally intended a further 2 years production) and they'll do some sort of 'facelift' version halfway through the lifespan with updated wheels and some other stick-on bits/engine revisions when they run out of monzas.