Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61551 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #61 on: 22 September 2008, 19:59 »
it'll be a k04 2.0.. why cant they nick the vnt technology from the 911 :sad:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #62 on: 22 September 2008, 20:06 »
it'll be a k04 2.0.. why cant they nick the vnt technology from the 911 :sad:

Thats CRAP!! They should know that if you want economy you will buy a bluemotion!!

Offline Emeye

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #63 on: 22 September 2008, 21:04 »
Christ, just found this thread - I've just put a deposit on a 57plate 2008 Black 3dr MKV Gti.

Thing is I don't want to pay more than the £15k I'm spending, so wouldn't buy a new one any way.

I can cancel as the deposit is subject to seeing the car, and I don't want to buy a lead weight, but I do want a Golf GTi.

What to do? :(

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 22 September 2008, 21:07 »
Christ, just found this thread - I've just put a deposit on a 57plate 2008 Black 3dr MKV Gti.

Thing is I don't want to pay more than the £15k I'm spending, so wouldn't buy a new one any way.

I can cancel as the deposit is subject to seeing the car, and I don't want to buy a lead weight, but I do want a Golf GTi.

What to do? :(

If your not looking to buy new and aren't planning to off load the MK5 within the next few months then I would still go ahead.

Like any car it's going to lose money but least your doing it in a car you can really enjoy.  :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #65 on: 22 September 2008, 21:31 »
Both AutoExpress and Autocar have tested the Mk6.  They concluded that the steering feel and road sense of the Mk6 was worse than the Mk5 in the version they tested.  They concluded the ride had gone executive.  This does not bode well for the Mk6 Gti...
Please take note that they tested SE spec cars. What do people expect from SE spec? I know what i expect, exactly what they got. Current mk5 has GT specs and mostly sporty spec models rather than lux specs there not comparing apples to apples. Typical of jounos.

Most other importers in other countrys are quoting June for the GTI. So looks like we may get it first if this is true.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2008, 21:34 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWmaindealer

• GTI forum regular
  • What do you think it's worth?
« Reply #66 on: 22 September 2008, 23:28 »
I'm either a bit out of touch (which worries me) or your dealer is getting a bit carried away with himself.

The information given to dealers by VWUK is that the GTI6 will be UK launched in summer 09. There is no official information on what it will be although we should assume (words of Volkswagen UKs supply team) that it will be the 2.0 TSI 240ps variant based on the R32 carrying the 270ps 2.0 TSI.

The AutoBild/Week picture earlier in this thread probably bears little resemblance to the GTI6. Anyone who can be bothered to trawl google images will come accross the same chap "driving" about a dozen "new" Vw's and he's obviously so into his job that he never changes his jumper. That definately isn't a genuine image of the car. Your dealer is clearly involved with high people if he knows differently. I'm driving the mark6 later this week in Germany and I'll be lucky to see an SE model!

What is for sure is that VW have learnt from the success of the 5 and flop of the 4. The GTI6 should be stunning in every way - i'm hoping it will be good enough to prise me from my Scirocco...

VWmd
What's your best price for cash?

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 23 September 2008, 11:19 »
Good to hear a dealers view... so I take it as a definate that the 3.2 will be killed off??

May as well call the .:R verion the .:R20 turbo  :sick:

If that is the case then I shall definately be holding onto my R now. It has probably lost the most of its value and will probably now hold with no more being made.

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #68 on: 23 September 2008, 11:49 »
I went to look at a Pirelli GTi at the weekend. But reading this, i think i should probably wait until late this year before i decide what to do.

The Dealer did tell me not to expect the GTI MK6 until late next year.

I think i'll keep my cash in my pocket for now.
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 23 September 2008, 12:00 »
yeh I really wouldn't want to be spending 20k + on a mk5 at this point