Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61518 times)

Peskarik

Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #40 on: 22 September 2008, 12:23 »
are most of you peeps seriously thinkin bout swappin in? im not convinced on the standard model i prefer my gas guzzlin mk5! does anyone know what knind of money the GTI-R is going to be brand new? must be close to 30K for a good spec!

do we know they are really doing one ?, and what the real spec is ?,  (link please if you have one) if its just a power upgrade i would expect an edition 30 type price hike ?

I bet GTI-R will cost R32 money. Because it replaces R32.

Offline maxamus

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 22 September 2008, 12:37 »
Im saving up for the GTi-R!
I think the new shape doesnt look that bad. I actually like it  :kiss:
£25,000 isnt bad for a car that is 275Bhp and i expect a remap will take it well over 300bhp  :evil:

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 22 September 2008, 13:12 »
but for £25k, you will get just a basic no bells version. Think about it, if you want xenons ,sat nav, multiwheel and no doubt arm rest, your talking nearly 29-30k!!. 

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 22 September 2008, 13:26 »
Im shocked its coming out so soon  :laugh: makes sense though with them removing the mk5 gti from the website.

what about the poor buggers who are still waiting for the delivery of their mk5 gti's ( 5 month wait guy) id be cancelling that straight away, would much rather wait another another 5 months to have one of them, they look  :cool:

Offline Kiddfrost

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 22 September 2008, 13:46 »
GTI R! music to my ears,, I missed out on the ED30 because I discovered this forum too late, I wont be making the same mistake twice, long wait before my lease is up though..

Peskarik

« Reply #45 on: 22 September 2008, 14:04 »
Im shocked its coming out so soon  :laugh: makes sense though with them removing the mk5 gti from the website.

what about the poor buggers who are still waiting for the delivery of their mk5 gti's ( 5 month wait guy) id be cancelling that straight away, would much rather wait another another 5 months to have one of them, they look  :cool:

+1
cancel right away!

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 22 September 2008, 14:28 »
My dealer has just rang me,inviting me down to look at the Scirocco.I asked him when the launch date is for the MKVI.He said Jan 09 but unsure of the spec,probably GT mode.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 22 September 2008, 15:55 »
This is getting a little confusing... From what I have read there will be a Gti version as normal (211bhp). So where does this info about a GTi-R come from??? Im quite sure this rumour just started from what we all would have liked VW to do...

Now its developed into us waiting for a full GTi-R version??? Surely if this rumour is true.. VW will limit the number of people buying Gti's as everyone will wait for the GTi-R!!

And I certainly wouldnt expect it to have 275bhp.. that puts it in the S3 category.. which is a VW no no! :undecided:

Offline luca

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 22 September 2008, 15:58 »
I cant see the gti r happening. It may be done but in very limited numbers. I can see the scirocco having an R version or something along those lines.

Golf gti ed30, tornado red, itg panel filter, revo stg 2, team dynamics gloss black wheels, turbo back milltek, ecs dogbone mount, leon cupra brakes. s3 intercooler ordered.

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 22 September 2008, 16:25 »
This is getting a little confusing... From what I have read there will be a Gti version as normal (211bhp). So where does this info about a GTi-R come from??? Im quite sure this rumour just started from what we all would have liked VW to do...

Now its developed into us waiting for a full GTi-R version??? Surely if this rumour is true.. VW will limit the number of people buying Gti's as everyone will wait for the GTi-R!!

And I certainly wouldnt expect it to have 275bhp.. that puts it in the S3 category.. which is a VW no no! :undecided:

The reason why it will happen is obviously down to the omission police, you have only got look at the audi TT to know that is the market direction.
It is a replacement for the V6 lump, a compromise, as for everybody hanging on for one, well i dont think that is the case the main bulk of TT drivers are not swapping for the TTRS. What you have to remember is everyone on here is a enthusiast and we all know that the turbo engine with the 4 wheel drive is a great combo.
As for the power it stands to reason that it will come in about 15 - 20 horsepower down on the S3. IMO  :smiley: