Author Topic: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....or Mk6 stuff here!  (Read 61544 times)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: Launch for Mk6 GTi is.....
« Reply #30 on: 21 September 2008, 22:46 »
waiting for the gti-r

Same here. And its going to be remapped  :smug:

And the point of GTI-R? There is already S3. New GTI-R will cost like R32 and the diff to S3 will be covered by the brand name and a better build quality of S3 (VW improves, but Audi does not stay on place either).

S3 is Audi, GTi r will be VW !!???

Peskarik

« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2008, 22:54 »
waiting for the gti-r

And the point of GTI-R? There is already S3. New GTI-R will cost like R32 and the diff to S3 will be covered by the brand name and a better build quality of S3 (VW improves, but Audi does not stay on place either).

same company, same parts bin (including the engine)

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 22 September 2008, 07:32 »
LOL I never knew they owned Audi :rolleyes: , so they should just close VW and for that matter Skoda and Seat too
waiting for the gti-r

same company, same parts bin (including the engine)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 22 September 2008, 07:41 »
Why say its slower than a mk5 GTi?

It has more bhp/PS and a lot more torque?

I think its a good step forward IMO, and the lower tax band and better mpg makes much more sense today.

My only gripes with the mk6 as per everyone else is the rear lights, which we have been told will be different on the GTi and the reocurring images showing that red banding around the top grill as per the W12, its just too much red IMO.

Anyhow this car looks promising and more exicting than the Rocco GT. Although a Rocco GTi might be e better bet, if not at least to get rid of that 4x4 wheel arch look.

Looking forward to Paris Show.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

NewGolf

« Reply #34 on: 22 September 2008, 07:48 »
Do we really believe the GTI will be in the line up come the launch of the MK6?  It took a full year before the GTI appeared as a MK5.  Mind you I wouldn't mind, there should then be plenty of decent second hand MK5s for me to take my pick of on the market!
Its on show in paris next month.

Anyone want to go to the show?

17th to 19th Oct would be the weekend for me :cool:

So Hurdy your looking for a weekend away in paris with a few hairy men.  :kiss:
I know New golf is going.  :grin:

OI TC  :rolleyes:

Whats for tea? LOL!  :laugh:

Oh and will the GTI-R will be a 4 door?

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 22 September 2008, 08:31 »
Im sure the GTi R will demand R32 Money which could be too much for what it is. It may make more sense to get the Standard one coming with less emmisions and better on fuel. :undecided:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #36 on: 22 September 2008, 08:55 »
are most of you peeps seriously thinkin bout swappin in? im not convinced on the standard model i prefer my gas guzzlin mk5! does anyone know what knind of money the GTI-R is going to be brand new? must be close to 30K for a good spec!

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 22 September 2008, 09:11 »
are most of you peeps seriously thinkin bout swappin in? im not convinced on the standard model i prefer my gas guzzlin mk5! does anyone know what knind of money the GTI-R is going to be brand new? must be close to 30K for a good spec!

do we know they are really doing one ?, and what the real spec is ?,  (link please if you have one) if its just a power upgrade i would expect an edition 30 type price hike ?

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #38 on: 22 September 2008, 10:07 »
sorry blue no link or anything, speculation at the mo i think, just interested i am. agree on the price hike though! its VW so its not goin to be cheap

e.g. set of mudguards from my stealers 60 of your finest! thats crazy!

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30