Author Topic: 2E engine pictures/ small brown wire..  (Read 526 times)

Offline ju571n

• GTI forum regular
2E engine pictures/ small brown wire..
« on: 10 November 2010, 13:49 »
I changed my exhaust manifold the other week and had half the frigin engine out to do it.. Anyway on refitting everything i found a stray brown wire on the right hand side if the engine, just near the oil pressure sensor, it had a spade connector on it but buggered if i can find where it goes..
Oh and if i touch said wire on the block to earth it the rad rad comes on however turn the ignition on, it stops so its obviousley not a common ground for something else..
Had a look on a later 8v and it goes to the end of the fuel rail if memory serves me right.. but mine has no place to connect it...
 Sooo if nobody knows or can be bothered to figure it out then could somebody put a picture of the right hand side of the block to see if i can find where it goes..

Many thanks again peeps

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: 2E engine pictures/ small brown wire..
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2010, 14:28 »
its rad fan after-run dude. the sensor should be mounted to a bracket near the inlet, its a brass lookin thing with a yellow ring on it. in fact heres a piccy:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline ju571n

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2E engine pictures/ small brown wire..
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2010, 15:01 »
That could be the one indeed.. i remebered taking it off from somewhere! ha, but im probably to shortto see down the back there now everthings back in..

Thanks alot jonny..
:grin: