Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 2017 times)

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
Just joined
« on: 30 May 2005, 17:21 »
Hi guys

Joined last week but have only got round to posting this week after doing the most important thing first, buying a Mk2 Golf GTI :)

I picked it up last Friday, it's a 5 door 8v with 86000 miles on the clock, generally good body work although a few stone chips that have rusted slightly. The BBS alloys need slight renovation but they still look nice.

I intend to clean up the car a bit more to make it perfect but keep it original. I've done the flat rear wiper today but still need to vice it and bend it slightly. I was thinking of changing the indicators for some white ones but still unsure of that at the mo.
The only mod as it were will be to put my stereo in, a few amps, cd player+changer and 6 and half " comps up front with a 12 or 2 10s in the boot.

I went from owning a 206 XSI (the g/f has it at the mo until finance paid off) to the golf as I just felt like a change, most new cars cost a bomb to buy and nothing out there grabbed me unless I had over 20gs to spend.

I'm near Farnborough in Hampshire so give me a shout on here if you are local, you can then pass on some tips :D

James

Offline tote

• Not said much yet
Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2005, 17:28 »
Hi welcome to the site post some pics of your golf .

Enjoy the site :wink:
LIFE IS TO SHORT NOT TO.....!!!

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2005, 17:37 »
Thanks Tote

Pics can be seen here on the for sale thread I saw it in :)

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=21864.0
James

kingsmk2

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2005, 17:41 »
welcome to the site.. hope u enjoy your dub

Offline missoakdub

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2005, 18:46 »
Hi welcome  :smiley:

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2005, 20:23 »
welcome to the forum...bought the car off here n ya stayed..gud job :wink:

Dinx :kiss:

mrwotto

« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2005, 20:25 »
welcome to the site :cool:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2005, 20:29 »
Hi guys

Joined last week but have only got round to posting this week after doing the most important thing first, buying a Mk2 Golf GTI :)

I picked it up last Friday, it's a 5 door 8v with 86000 miles on the clock, generally good body work although a few stone chips that have rusted slightly. The BBS alloys need slight renovation but they still look nice.

I intend to clean up the car a bit more to make it perfect but keep it original. I've done the flat rear wiper today but still need to vice it and bend it slightly. I was thinking of changing the indicators for some white ones but still unsure of that at the mo.
The only mod as it were will be to put my stereo in, a few amps, cd player+changer and 6 and half " comps up front with a 12 or 2 10s in the boot.

I went from owning a 206 XSI (the g/f has it at the mo until finance paid off) to the golf as I just felt like a change, most new cars cost a bomb to buy and nothing out there grabbed me unless I had over 20gs to spend.

I'm near Farnborough in Hampshire so give me a shout on here if you are local, you can then pass on some tips :D

Hello mate, welcome to the forum.
I'm just up the road from you in Yateley so if you ever need any help or advice give us a shout.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2005, 21:01 »
hello :smiley

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2005, 22:29 »
Thanks guys

Rich, I may very well give you a buzz at some point then :)
James