Author Topic: Bag of crap  (Read 2704 times)

Offline devilscaff

• Here all the time
  • allways up for alaugh
Bag of crap
« on: 21 August 2015, 17:51 »
Beginning to think the golf I brought is a bag of crap. Four days in broke down side of the road, rac can't find problem garage spent two hours couldn't find fault.is there any common faults with a 2.0 gt tdi? The car turns over fine but won't fire up.  Please help I'm most peed off.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: Bag of crap
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2015, 11:52 »
Beginning to think the golf I brought is a bag of crap. Four days in broke down side of the road, rac can't find problem garage spent two hours couldn't find fault.is there any common faults with a 2.0 gt tdi? The car turns over fine but won't fire up.  Please help I'm most peed off.

With all the problems you've already had your electrics seem to have been that P***ed about with that much "nightmare" It's a long shot but if you check the VIN probably ends in 666!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline devilscaff

• Here all the time
  • allways up for alaugh
« Reply #2 on: 23 August 2015, 18:29 »
I have also been told a match and petrol will get it going.

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2015, 11:18 »
Have you done a full ECU diagnostic? I'm sure if you plug it into a diagnostic tool and scan every module you'll discover the cause.

I would suspect that a sensor has failed and is stopping the engine from firing up...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2015, 12:36 »
in tank fuel pumps are common on these, or even the fuel lines on the wrong way round (usually as a result of the AA/RAC trying to "diagnose" something) and could explain your issues. Lift the back seat bench and check if the pump is priming.

Offline devilscaff

• Here all the time
  • allways up for alaugh
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2015, 14:10 »
Apparently the fuel is fine as reaching injectors fine, there seem to be a fault in the ECU. So has been sent to be repaired, let you all know as soon as. But currently in Dubai so couldn't care less about the stupid thing😀