Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2830435 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4840 on: 23 June 2016, 22:05 »
Taken the Sport Cup 2s off and put the Super Sports back on in readiness for the Isle of Man next week and car is now happy with the rainy season

Signed the paperwork on the R Estate which I pick up a week on Friday

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4841 on: 24 June 2016, 07:50 »
Had what looked like a big stone hit the windscreen on the way home yesterday that resulted in this..

:sad:

Will need a new windscreen as its on the drivers side lower middle of screen. Got autoglass coming next thursday to do it. That does seem like a long time to me as when I've had previous glass callouts its been the next day.

Also theres a bit of vibration noise coming from the pasenger side - I think above the glovebox, under certain circumstances, which is annoying but at least its not all the time.
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4842 on: 24 June 2016, 11:22 »
Had what looked like a big stone hit the windscreen on the way home yesterday that resulted in this..

Will need a new windscreen as its on the drivers side lower middle of screen. Got autoglass coming next thursday to do it. That does seem like a long time to me as when I've had previous glass callouts its been the next day.

Also theres a bit of vibration noise coming from the pasenger side - I think above the glovebox, under certain circumstances, which is annoying but at least its not all the time.

Make sure that they use a VW windscreen, you need to tell them in advance.

On another note if you zoom in on the crack it looks really nice, like some form of android insect.

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4843 on: 25 June 2016, 01:25 »
Well I took my Golf into the dealers yesterday due to a nasty knock on the passenger side (only had it a week and done 300 miles) :rolleyes:! It was there a total of five hours and had the anti roll bar link replaced - drives brilliantly again now... :whistle:

Service was awesome from the dealers (instead of going to my local dealer I ventured further out and went back to the dealer I bought the car off). I got a Polo GTI as a courtesy car, which I have to say was pretty awesome to drive (just not as comfy as the Golf). I did put £10 fuel in to get me home and back though, which VW were nice enough to put back into my Golf (with an extra £5 too). Heres to hopefully hassle free driving for the forseeable future!
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4844 on: 25 June 2016, 06:41 »
That sounds like pretty awesome service from that dealer Andrew. Instead of messing around, they actually made an effort to find the problem and fix it. Guess it must have been a badly failed component, but, all the same, they got on with it and you now have a good car again.

So, care to name a good dealer? They deserve praise!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline ASKendrew

• Not said much yet
  • 2016 MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack
« Reply #4845 on: 25 June 2016, 14:21 »
That sounds like pretty awesome service from that dealer Andrew. Instead of messing around, they actually made an effort to find the problem and fix it. Guess it must have been a badly failed component, but, all the same, they got on with it and you now have a good car again.

Definitely. The dealer I bought the car from was Doncaster VW. I used to take my Beetle to Leeds VW and it was always awful arrogant service! Nothing like that from the guys at Doncaster, really went out of their way especially with the petrol situation. :grin:
Sold: VW Beetle 1.4 TSI with Airlift Performance Suspension, USA R-Line Bumpers and Rotiform SNA.

Current: Carbon Grey MK7 Golf GTI with Performance Pack, CarPlay and Parking Pack.

Co-founder of Pure Dents & Deck Mate UK.

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4846 on: 25 June 2016, 15:15 »

Definitely. The dealer I bought the car from was Doncaster VW. I used to take my Beetle to Leeds VW and it was always awful arrogant service! Nothing like that from the guys at Doncaster, really went out of their way especially with the petrol situation. :grin:

Glad to hear that that's my local and been taking to them about the R
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4847 on: 25 June 2016, 15:24 »

Make sure that they use a VW windscreen, you need to tell them in advance.

On another note if you zoom in on the crack it looks really nice, like some form of android insect.

Didn't think they would use a non-VW windscreen. :shocked: I'll have to phone them back and make sure that's what they will be doing. Maybe I should have phoned the VW esurance number first!
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4848 on: 25 June 2016, 16:17 »
I wouldn't sweat not getting a VW windscreen, my original windscreen cracked in the first week of my R ownership with a pretty insubstantial (as judged by the noise) stone impact, and it was replaced with a St Gobain Quartz one which has put up with far more impacts since and is still going strong with a tiny shallow chip that can't be filled. For me the Official VW one was a bit on the brittle side. Had similar experiences with my other VWs - had a Polo with an internal crack right in the corner missed on PDI. The dealership agreed it had always been there and replaced the windscreen, it lasted about a week and then the replacement was far more resilient. Screens are getting far thinner in the name of weight saving, but they're a lot more fragile too.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #4849 on: 25 June 2016, 16:46 »
I wouldn't sweat not getting a VW windscreen, my original windscreen cracked in the first week of my R ownership with a pretty insubstantial (as judged by the noise) stone impact, and it was replaced with a St Gobain Quartz one which has put up with far more impacts since and is still going strong with a tiny shallow chip that can't be filled. For me the Official VW one was a bit on the brittle side. Had similar experiences with my other VWs - had a Polo with an internal crack right in the corner missed on PDI. The dealership agreed it had always been there and replaced the windscreen, it lasted about a week and then the replacement was far more resilient. Screens are getting far thinner in the name of weight saving, but they're a lot more fragile too.

I was just wondering if all the heated screens are VW original or if you can get a non original heated screen?
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack