Author Topic: >>> vr6 <<< golf mk3 220bhp 0 - 60 = 6 seconds  (Read 31828 times)

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
Re: >>> vr6 <<< golf mk3 220bhp 0 - 60 = 6 seconds
« Reply #20 on: 29 December 2010, 18:26 »
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 29 December 2010, 18:29 »

Offline DazVR6

• I live here
  • mk3 VR6...FEEL THE GRUNT.
« Reply #22 on: 29 December 2010, 18:31 »
Liking the white wheels, looks  :cool:

Also think about lightening your flywheel as the Vr6 is a very lazy engine, this will help it rev more freely.

Also lowering your final drive will help with accelleration, think its 3.94 you need which is out of a G60 box. (sure someone will be along to correct me though).

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 29 December 2010, 18:33 »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #24 on: 29 December 2010, 18:38 »

infact i have stripped the whole interior, there is nothing inside the car apart from the steering wheel and pedels. the car standard weighs 1680 kg i will keep stripping and cutting metal away untill i get this weight down to 1000kg .................

What do you sit on thenĀ  :grin:

Starting with a 5dr was not the best move, 3 door would have been better also for a track car 16v or a mk2 is a much better bet, VR is too front heavy and understeers.

I also doubt yours is running 220bhp, standard inlet manifold will be holding it back.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 29 December 2010, 19:11 »
It has a 6 branch manifold ! And I'm not a little kid showing off, I have seen the print out it had 3 runs the highest being 218bhp ! I will be putting it back on the rolling road again hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will take a picture of it and upload it  just for you ! And I sit on one seat that I have left in it to move the car around ! Mr smarty pants ! And telling that I would be better off with a 16v or gti is neither here nor there ! I didn't buy the car with the intentions of it being the best car for the track ! I simply bought the car and then chose to track it, so I'm making the best of an already good situation! Thanks for ur input mr smarty pants.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2010, 19:14 »
It has a 6 branch manifold ! And I'm not a little kid showing off, I have seen the print out it had 3 runs the highest being 218bhp ! I will be putting it back on the rolling road again hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will take a picture of it and upload it  just for you ! And I sit on one seat that I have left in it to move the car around ! Mr smarty pants ! And telling that I would be better off with a 16v or gti is neither here nor there ! I didn't buy the car with the intentions of it being the best car for the track ! I simply bought the car and then chose to track it, so I'm making the best of an already good situation! Thanks for ur input mr smarty pants.

Sorry but I will stand by what I have said, magic rollers will get you 218bhp, major engine work will see real world gains.

As for a track car again I will say a VR is too front heavy.

Thank you.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 29 December 2010, 19:20 »
Its had engine work done to it ! Mate I don't give a sh@@ what u think or say ! I'm not on here to impress you ! I'm here to gain knowledge and better my car and have a bit of friendly banter ! Seems ur not so friendly mr smarty pants!!!!

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #28 on: 29 December 2010, 19:31 »
Err... Actually Wayne is very helpful and was only offering advice!!
The car looks nice though mate!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #29 on: 29 December 2010, 19:38 »
Its had engine work done to it ! Mate I don't give a sh@@ what u think or say ! I'm not on here to impress you ! I'm here to gain knowledge and better my car and have a bit of friendly banter ! Seems ur not so friendly mr smarty pants!!!!

Beg to differ matey, Wayne is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. What Wayne said before about major engine work seeing real word gains is correct, from what you've said so far the engine doesn't appear to have had anything major done to it  :undecided: