Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376726 times)

Offline Belfast Child

• Not said much yet
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1530 on: 02 December 2012, 11:59 »
Just put my 9 month ed35 up for sale gone for a m135i delivery jan 2nd

Mine is coming December the 30th I'm hoping they can drag it out to jan 2nd so it's 2013 but they have a limited amount of time to register them when the land in the uk.

They just won Australia's car of the year for the money, did well in the evo 2012 ecoty.

What spec did you get?

I got
3door blue
8 speed
Adaptive suspension
Harman kardon
Turny xenons
Cruise
Parking sensors
Tinted glass

Ordered F20
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota Leather
Sport Auto Transmission
Driver Comfort Package c/w front/rear pdc
Vis Package
Sun Protection Package
Media Package Professional
Free DAB
Harman Kardon
Comfort Access
Ext. Mirrors Folding/Auto Dimming
Seat Heating
Service Inclusive 5yr

Managed to get a big discount and only paying just under 2 grand more than i paid for my ed35!

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1531 on: 02 December 2012, 12:03 »
Picked this A1 up 2 weeks ago.
I know its not to everyone's taste but I just fancied a change.
Still miss the Golf. It seemed more solid and better all round although I'm sure I thought that about my previous car when I first got the Golf  :smiley:

Its meant to be metallic white but that's it dirty again after being washed 2 days ago!!
Filled it full of extras DAB, Xenons, LED rears, Technology pack, Comfort Pack, Phone Prep High, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, TPI, Audi Sound System
Love the way it accesses the net for Google earth / street view for the Nav, local stuff, weather & news.
Also nice touch when the petrol light comes on, it asks if you want to navigate to the local petrol station.

Its got its winter alloys on!!

Its a 2.0L lump the same as the Golf and on paper meant to be faster but The Doc got his hands on the Golf so he may just have to help me out again!!   :smiley:

Lets have some pics of the trim matey  :wink:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1532 on: 02 December 2012, 13:53 »
I have to admit, I have just been in Germany for a week and had a "320d Modern" new shaped one and thought the tech was good ish, hated using the iDrive which is what I think its called (more likely to have an accident than find what you want)(SOOO many options). The huds up display was brill for Sat nav directions (looks like it was on the end of the bonnet in the windscreen), speed limits your speed e.t.c and cruise control information.

BUT... the dash is so hard and plastic the fake wood was dire, the steering was dreadful, the start/stop a nightmare didn't even want to turn off properly. It was an auto so you pull into a parking space and just as you are about to let it creep a little futher into the space it stops (i.e. it kills the engine). The information (mpg, av speed, cruise, miles to empty) can be displayed on the nav screen on the huds up display on the dash clocks display, which when the steering wheel is fully up you cant see all of it. Too many choices and buttons arrggghh. The diesel engine was also sounding like a tractor, I thought modern diesels weren't like that (brings the GTD into top of the class).

It returned 48mpg in the 170 miles that I drove it and it certainly didnt feel as fast as my GTD even though it has 181bhp and 0-60 in 7.4

I certainly won't buy one of them and if the one series is anyway like it, not a chance in hell.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1533 on: 02 December 2012, 18:28 »
I'm looking Skoda's Fabia vRS pick one up for 12k  :wink:

Think you have to have taken your brave pills for these given the engine issues associated with these

yea just had a look at some of the issues, but your warrenty should cover it, my daughter has an 04 plate Fabia 60k on the clock and it never squeaks and runs like a dream, yes its very basic in the cabin but cant fualt it really. :smiley: :tongue:
Better you than me. Engine and gearbox issues. I don't like the emergency services or been stuck at the side of the road myself or wasting day after day having to go back and forwards to dealership workshops but if you have nothing better to do I guess it fills time in LOL.
It's a shame really as the previous fabia vRS was a car a really liked and has a good reputation too.
It's also said within the group that skoda still make the best assembled cars in the group.

P3asa
Nice sportback we are still thinking about one, just not quite In the price range of yours. :wink: probably a.1.6 sport sportback in blue with a couple options of parking plus, tpi and climate.

Geoff I was just reading the reviews on auto trader regarding Fabia vRS and its got rave reviews from quite a few people cheers Steve :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1534 on: 02 December 2012, 19:20 »
Try honest john and youtube searches for TSI
It's a well known troublesome engine in the trade the twin charger.
Don't get me wrong the cars great but the engine and box are trouble.

We have been to Audi today think the family.have decided on an A1 sportback to replace the family ibiza just got to get a freind to see what he can get on friends and family unless they change their mind again LOL.
I took a look and drive of a Q3 TDI too, I could be tempted next year to replace the Leon as the Q3 extra ground clearance would help in winter, floods and rock falls on the road that seem to happen regular the past few years.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2012, 19:33 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #1535 on: 02 December 2012, 22:30 »
I have to admit, I have just been in Germany for a week and had a "320d Modern" new shaped one and thought the tech was good ish, hated using the iDrive which is what I think its called (more likely to have an accident than find what you want)(SOOO many options). The huds up display was brill for Sat nav directions (looks like it was on the end of the bonnet in the windscreen), speed limits your speed e.t.c and cruise control information.

BUT... the dash is so hard and plastic the fake wood was dire, the steering was dreadful, the start/stop a nightmare didn't even want to turn off properly. It was an auto so you pull into a parking space and just as you are about to let it creep a little futher into the space it stops (i.e. it kills the engine). The information (mpg, av speed, cruise, miles to empty) can be displayed on the nav screen on the huds up display on the dash clocks display, which when the steering wheel is fully up you cant see all of it. Too many choices and buttons arrggghh. The diesel engine was also sounding like a tractor, I thought modern diesels weren't like that (brings the GTD into top of the class).

It returned 48mpg in the 170 miles that I drove it and it certainly didnt feel as fast as my GTD even though it has 181bhp and 0-60 in 7.4

I certainly won't buy one of them and if the one series is anyway like it, not a chance in hell.

Shall I start a thread "what car won't you be buying next" lol

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1536 on: 02 December 2012, 23:50 »
Just put my 9 month ed35 up for sale gone for a m135i delivery jan 2nd

Mine is coming December the 30th I'm hoping they can drag it out to jan 2nd so it's 2013 but they have a limited amount of time to register them when the land in the uk.

They just won Australia's car of the year for the money, did well in the evo 2012 ecoty.

What spec did you get?

I got
3door blue
8 speed
Adaptive suspension
Harman kardon
Turny xenons
Cruise
Parking sensors
Tinted glass

Ordered F20
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota Leather
Sport Auto Transmission
Driver Comfort Package c/w front/rear pdc
Vis Package
Sun Protection Package
Media Package Professional
Free DAB
Harman Kardon
Comfort Access
Ext. Mirrors Folding/Auto Dimming
Seat Heating
Service Inclusive 5yr

Managed to get a big discount and only paying just under 2 grand more than i paid for my ed35!

Very nice spec.

I forgot I got heated seats, vis pack, sun pack and driver comfort pack and 5 years service pack, they where all no brainers.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1537 on: 03 December 2012, 14:33 »
Just bought my wife this after 11 years trouble free motoring in a Lupo GTI

The Suzuki is a real hoot to drive and came well finished with Xenons, climate, bluetooth. keyless entry.. for £12K
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1538 on: 03 December 2012, 14:54 »
Just bought my wife this after 11 years trouble free motoring in a Lupo GTI

The Suzuki is a real hoot to drive and came well finished with Xenons, climate, bluetooth. keyless entry.. for £12K

The look like brilliant little cars. Good choice.

They get great reviews in the car mags + on 5th gear a few weeks back.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1539 on: 03 December 2012, 17:15 »
been looking around for a replacement for the daily and should fingers crossed be ordering one of these to arrive March to take over from the 500TA

around £15k new with most toys ticked so cheap fun motoring

a nice 2010 model on detailing world here  :wink:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=265128

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto