Author Topic: No light, no heater and no wipers!!!!!  (Read 380 times)

Offline mo_utd

• Not said much yet
No light, no heater and no wipers!!!!!
« on: 01 December 2008, 03:08 »
Hi ppl, got 90' gti 16v. so basically the car came with a push start button and all of a sudden it stopped working. so i decided to fiddle about with it. one of the wires had been snapped off the back of the button. didnt want to go into it further i put the button back in the hole. Then silence!! the car switched off. turned it back on again and the time went to 0.00, switched the heater on but didn't work, wipers stopped workin and so did the headlighs but the sidelight did come on, the fuses are all in good tact.
Can anyone help me please???!!

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: No light, no heater and no wipers!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2008, 06:57 »
If the wires have been buggered about with to include a push button start, then the help here can only be suggestions as nothing will be known about the mods. You need to look at the ignition circuit and bus circuit that has been changed, ie, the circuitery that was the 1st and 2nd key positions. If those have gone wrong then the starter circuit will also not work. So you need to egt the haynes out and start tracing cables to see what has been moved where and go from there.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline sidecarphil

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2008, 09:15 »
i would say remove the push button starter ,

look how they have wired it into the car under the steering cowl and put it back to standard

these button's are often fitted by idiot chav's BADLY so before your car end's up on fire i would remove this

Offline mo_utd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2008, 13:27 »
forgot to mention that it smelt like something was burning and then smioke came out from where the button was.