Author Topic: Warranty issue! Rattles?  (Read 2762 times)

neo66

Warranty issue! Rattles?
« on: 16 October 2008, 10:10 »
I have three rattles, one from the dash coloum and the other two from the door panels i think!? Has anyone had these fixed under warranty? ta.

Offline WobGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: Warranty issue! Rattles?
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2008, 10:12 »
my rattles are doing my head in at the minute!! damn the cobbled street close to me!

There's a how to on the rattle from the top air vent.
Mk5 GTI | Full Leather | Winter Pack

http://www.symesmini.com
http://www.pinkmini.com

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2008, 10:47 »
Dealers should be able to fix easily under warranty but beware ham fisted fitters in trim removal :rolleyes:

Some info here on common trim rattles - scroll down to Interior DIY:Rattle Abatement:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2374154

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Online Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2008, 13:18 »
Currently having mine sorted now.Goes in Tomorrow for new door card and window regulator.I had rattles from both doors, OS window and exhaust heat shields.All sorted under warranty.Only issue is the courtesy car.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

neo66

« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2008, 14:04 »
New door cards!, that serious??

Online Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2008, 15:36 »
I just said make sure its sorted,only 6 months old so I reckon they doing the business.

Offline BodyThief

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2008, 19:33 »
Rattles have been a big problem on my car. Infact mine went into the dealers yesterday and I don't get it back until Friday 24/10.

Theres a rattle in the dash which they say is caused by a broken bracket and they need to remove the whole dash to solve it. They also have to remove the rear spoiler to replace the high level brake light which again has broken brackets. I have creaking from the doors which they say is where the door trim meets the headlining and may not be solvable. Last time it went in they replaced some of the rear seat fittings as they were rattling like crazy too.

The dealer is rubbish but I'll persist until its right.

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2008, 20:05 »
Rattles have been a big problem on my car. Infact mine went into the dealers yesterday and I don't get it back until Friday 24/10.

Theres a rattle in the dash which they say is caused by a broken bracket and they need to remove the whole dash to solve it. They also have to remove the rear spoiler to replace the high level brake light which again has broken brackets. I have creaking from the doors which they say is where the door trim meets the headlining and may not be solvable. Last time it went in they replaced some of the rear seat fittings as they were rattling like crazy too.

The dealer is rubbish but I'll persist until its right.

You are right to persist until its spot on and they are talking b@llocks my car doesn't rattle their so by that very fact that means yours has the capability not to  Divies

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2008, 08:40 »
.............remember the good old days of the mk2 gti ? :wink:.The advert were the bloke was driving with the fit bird & he could here a squeak ? pulls in to a garage & some old bloke scratches his head,rocks the car & then realises it's the girls ear ring.Squirts a drop of oil on the ear ring & squeak stops. If only everything in life was as reliable as a vw  :rolleyes: :wink:.
Candy White ED35.

Online Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2008, 12:20 »
Funny that.I was thinking of that advert when leaving the dealers in that 1.4ltr death trap this morning.