Author Topic: nice people , shame about the cars  (Read 1845 times)

Offline stonecold

• Just got here
  • ed30 3 door grey
nice people , shame about the cars
« on: 07 October 2008, 20:50 »
i have had a fair few golf gtis over the years, and like most of you got drawn in by the excusive club "ed30"
i would like to start off by saying i have had excellent service by the dealer i brought the car from ( carrs of truro)
however, i, like so many of you have suffered with the (QUALITY) or lack of it from vw
once upon a time there was a young 40 year old man who fell in love with a grey ed30 3 door with a few extras
it was a dream romance. She was powerfull, yet frugal and fulfilled all my needs.
Then one day we were having a nice day out, when she decided to throw a wobbly , lots of horrible noises came from the engine compartment.
Took her to plymouth for a check up
New clutch and gearbox in a car thats a year old, i wouldn't mind if i abused her, but i treated her really well...
got her back, then the clutch pedal would stick on the floor and have a nasty vibration when changing gears....
took her back again, two weeks later got her back, no change...
went back to my original dealer, they replaced the master cylinder..
no change
back in the dealers again, thrust bearing we think (hope)
the dealers really good, always keeping me informed and i got a golf tdi, not a fox as a run around
however i keep reading this forum and there is a lot of issues with the mk5 which makes me think i shall be filling for divorce as soon as i get her back..
i am a very good sales manager for my sins, and one thing i do know is, it's a lot easier to have repeat business from existing customers than it is to get new business.
Do vw not understand the longer this 1500 ltd ed saga goes on without resolve the more people will leave the vw brand and not come back.....

Offline BodyThief

• Not said much yet
Re: nice people , shame about the cars
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2008, 20:59 »
It wouldnt be so bad if the dealers weren't so bad. I've a number of minor problems with mine but the dealer (Wayside, Lethchworth) are completely useless. They haven't solved a single problem yet despite the car being off the road for a total of 5 days. It was booked in again for the week before last but when I called to make sure the loan car was there, no suprises it was double booked again (thats twice now). They cracked my engine cover and left a black mark on the drivers seat last time it went in also.

Like you I'm in sales and it amazes me what these companies get away with when I know I can't!

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 21:13 »
to start with welcome to the forum!

sorry to hear you've had all these problems and hope it gets sorted, i think when you get her back from the stealers you should hang on to her for a while cos i reckon once you've notched up a few miles on her you wont want to sell her! yes, alot of people have had problems on here but more niggly little problems than major ones and VW seem to be happy to put these right under warranty if you speak to them!

HTH!

Peskarik

« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 21:20 »
you've got a bad car, that is it. It sucks of course, but what you describe is not normal problems with E30.
On the other hand the rattling interior is a common problem.

Offline stonecold

• Just got here
  • ed30 3 door grey
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2008, 21:36 »
its done 32k, (no interior rattles) hopefully none of you will have the same luck as your car racks up the mileage... only time will tell !!!!
fingers crossed for all you out there.
Thanks for the welcome

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2008, 21:41 »
32k in a year is some going

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2008, 15:23 »
Welcome to the forum stonecold.  :smiley:

It wouldnt be so bad if the dealers weren't so bad. I've a number of minor problems with mine but the dealer (Wayside, Lethchworth) are completely useless. They haven't solved a single problem yet despite the car being off the road for a total of 5 days.

Mine are the same.  Never solve anything.  It is always me who gives them the diagnosis, and they only fix it when I tell them how!  :rolleyes:  :shocked:  :angry:

Yet with my Audi, the stealer is much better, though still not perfect for a "premium brand", and are actually "proactive" with warranty work, rather than having to beg on hands and knees at the dub stealer!  :rolleyes:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo