Author Topic: megs 3 step !!! niceee ?  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: megs 3 step !!! niceee
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2008, 09:47 »
only problem is the final wax isnt a proper wax and dosent last!! I have replaced the fianl stage with gold class for better results...

oooo ooooo ooooooooooo

more info - i end up doing mine every 2 weeks  :huh:

2 weeks?!  :shocked: :huh:

a really decent few coats of sealant and wax every few months should be more like it!

would probably be more economical in the long run

Definitley try a different wax as the Megs doesn't have very good durability, many choices out there I use www.cleanyourcar.co.uk for most of my detailing stuff :)

most of the megs stuff is expensive weak and nasty crap in a glammed up bottle.

No Sweeping generalisations here!
Nothing wrong with Megs stuff. Have you tried any of their professional or bodyshop range or just the stuff in Halfords?

i use elite car care - they are great

as for Megs stuff... it is what got me started on the detailing... it might not be the absolute best but for those starting out it is ok and certainly a step up from fairy liquid and a dirty old sponge.

megs also do some nice widgety gadgets like their triple duty detail brush and the soft interior brush thingy, both of which I find very useful

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: megs 3 step !!! niceee ?
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2008, 09:58 »
oh dear, i started with the Megs 3 stage treatment and now I've spent over £100 on detailing stuff in the last 2 weeks!

Tim

Offline remapped

• I live here
  • If you are going through Hell, keep going
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2008, 11:12 »
oh no oh dear !!!

thanks for all the links and recommendations ,  next pay day gona get spent on detailing products ! i want to get the glass/mirror shine  :cool: :cool:
OEM(ish) G3GTi 8v5dr

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2008, 18:12 »
oh dear, i started with the Megs 3 stage treatment and now I've spent over £100 on detailing stuff in the last 2 weeks!

Tim

you're fcuked... there is no turning back now!

long may the search for the ultimate product continue  :laugh:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2008, 00:16 »
Definitley try a different wax as the Megs doesn't have very good durability, many choices out there I use www.cleanyourcar.co.uk for most of my detailing stuff :)

most of the megs stuff is expensive weak and nasty crap in a glammed up bottle.

No Sweeping generalisations here!
Nothing wrong with Megs stuff. Have you tried any of their professional or bodyshop range or just the stuff in Halfords?

sorry to all!!!!!i didnt mean to sound like i was having a dig, ive been a detailer for 14yrs now and run my own business for the last 5yrs,was just a professional point of view :wink: i never buy anything from halfrauds!!!!
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2008, 14:06 »
only problem is the final wax isnt a proper wax and dosent last!! I have replaced the fianl stage with gold class for better results...

do you mean this stuff ?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Meguiars-Gold-Class-Clear-Coat-Liquid-Wax-473ml_W0QQitemZ170245791606QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170245791606&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

and i know what you mean about spending loads, and i have started a sideline at work doing QUICK  detailing, but its paying for all my stuff  :cool:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2008, 14:53 »
and i know what you mean about spending loads, and i have started a sideline at work doing QUICK  detailing, but its paying for all my stuff  :cool:

how quick is a 'quick' detail? I think I get too involved when I am cleaning cars for others... most of the time they don't give a fcuk but I can't hand it back unless I am happy.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2008, 15:08 »
all i do is exterior,  wash then a 3 stage,  wheels with cleaner and tyres witht he old foam  and a quick wipe over with trim detailer

time always dependant on how many beers they are feeding me with or whether its getting done in works time

3- 4 hours is the average i suppose  :wink:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #18 on: 04 August 2008, 22:00 »

how quick is a 'quick' detail? I think I get too involved when I am cleaning cars for others... most of the time they don't give a fcuk but I can't hand it back unless I am happy.

could'nt of worded it better myself guy!!!! we are the same when it comes to detailing other peoples cars,has to be perfect:)
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 04 August 2008, 22:53 »

could'nt of worded it better myself guy!!!! we are the same when it comes to detailing other peoples cars,has to be perfect:)

And me it's because you know a fellow detailer might look at it!
Or a paying detail might be lost :)

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08