Author Topic: Image Posting Guide and Signature Help  (Read 30565 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
    • Quality parts for your Volkswagen
Re: Image Posting Guide and Signature Help
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2012, 17:27 »
As the bucket has changed...here's a new guide from the mk3 section  :cool:

Stickie.?

Ok. I have seen a few people asking how to upload picture's onto this site and some other's.

Well today is your lucky day. Here is a simple walk through using Photobucket.

Instruction's are on top of the photo's.

Upload you'r picture onto your computer..

Sign into/up to Photobukcket.com

Click upload at the top of the page

Then click to select photo's or video's

Then select to view album's

Hover over the picture so the code box come's up, Copy the 'Img' code

Then come onto the greatest site in the world and hit "Ctrl + V"

And there you have it

Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline MonkeyP

• Here all the time
  • On a road somewhere driving my car!
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2012, 23:18 »
08micsta great thread will be using it to help create a signature.

One question. every time i try to add an avatar it keeps coming up saying that the picture isn't an avatar or the picture is too large. am i being dense and not doing it properly?
No longer a GTI owner! Moved onto the R!

Online Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2012, 00:03 »
08micsta great thread will be using it to help create a signature.

One question. every time i try to add an avatar it keeps coming up saying that the picture isn't an avatar or the picture is too large. am i being dense and not doing it properly?

Before you even start to upload the selected pic you want as your avatar you must resize it to no more than 65x whatever you comp figures that out to be, and once you have saved it...Select the DIRECT LINK CODE, copy it then paste it into the box on your personal profile....and click save, and walaaaaa!! Happy days...

Hope this helps bud :wink:
Current - MK6 GTD 5dr DSG Candy White With Optional Extras - Folding Mirrors - Leather - Sat Nav

On Order - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Pic uploader help HERE

Offline dogman

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2013, 19:39 »
Having problems uploading photos and an avatar picture using an I Pad 3 and Photobucket.  Any help please.  Regards Glenn
"Why have the world as my oyster, when I've had the world as my cap badge.....Royal Marines".

Online Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 February 2013, 15:32 »
Having problems uploading photos and an avatar picture using an I Pad 3 and Photobucket.  Any help please.  Regards Glenn

Hey Glenn

I will assume you have a Photobucket account and that you have the PB app installed on your Ipad3..

Right firstly the pics...

1. Log into PB and click on my albums
2. Click on image you want to upload, it will then increase insize and cover the screen
3. Top right hand corner you will see some icons...click on the one that looks like a chain(2nd one from the left)
4. 5 options shud pop up...Now the one you need to choose to post pics in threads ect is the one called IMG Code copy it then paste it in your thread and bobs your uncle....

Now the avatar is done in the same way but before you can upload it on forum you need to resize the image you want to 65x(what ever your comp works it out to be)

Then go thro the same motions as above but instead of copying the IMG code you need to copy the DIRECT LINK CODE in your personal profile...

Current - MK6 GTD 5dr DSG Candy White With Optional Extras - Folding Mirrors - Leather - Sat Nav

On Order - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Pic uploader help HERE

Offline Dububb

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2013, 22:54 »
Very useful post- thanks!

Online Watts

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2015, 18:53 »
If someone could point out where I've gone wrong with adding an avatar I'd be grateful. I've tried so many times and failed, it's driving me to dispair! I've saved an image on photobucket. Re-sized it to 65x, savd it, copied the direct link to my profile on here and it won't accept it. Even tried 60x. It always says as others above, either too big or not an avatar. I tried copying the img link, that is accepted and says my profile has been updated but the image doesn't show. Very frustrating. I'm not particularly interested in computery malarkeyness and get annoyed and bored very quickly so if someone could save me from this digital mayhem, I'd be very grateful! Cheers!
2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, nav.
Being enjoyed by someone else: metallic pearl black Audi A4 2.4 Sport saloon - owned 12 years from new.

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Anyone seen my Rallye?
    • GolfGTI.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2015, 12:42 »
Well, the image you are trying to use doesn't seem to exist:

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/pete_caz/media/MobileUploads/IMG_0093_zpswms4zhsy.jpg
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Interact!
On Facebook

Online Watts

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2015, 14:52 »
Thanks for looking and responding jv. I deleted the image, not out of frustration (despite there being plenty) but as I thought I'd try and resize before saving on photobucket. Problem is my tablet doesn't have the facility at present so I haven't got any further. Not sure it would've made much difference anyway.

I probably won't bother though now, it's not such a big deal. But it would be nice to know where I went wrong!
2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, nav.
Being enjoyed by someone else: metallic pearl black Audi A4 2.4 Sport saloon - owned 12 years from new.

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Anyone seen my Rallye?
    • GolfGTI.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2015, 17:49 »
In the field for the avatar link, you don't need to use the 'img' tags you had there. Just the direct link so something like http://www.website.com/image.jpg
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Interact!
On Facebook