Author Topic: Had my ED30 on Awesome rollers today...  (Read 10051 times)

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
Had my ED30 on Awesome rollers today...
« on: 26 April 2008, 19:01 »
As title says and leading on from my other thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=84562.0 I decided to gatecrash SCN's RR day at Awesome today, just mainly to spectate (as I know a lot of them from the LCR days), but if a slot came available I could run mine..
Well it did and with the mods going on yesterday I thought it was an ideal time to see what the mods had done..
1st run... 340.22bhp, 312 @ wheels, 362lb/ft  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: (I was told to expect this as the car was nice and cool, so they don't really take that one into account apparently :sad:)
2nd run.. 320.69bhp, 301.67 @ wheels, 362.41lb/ft
3rd run.. 317.39bhp, 300.10 @ wheels, 359.72lb/ft
4th run.. 308.08bhp, 292.97 @ wheels, 362.76lb/ft (not sure what happened on this run, but it dips on the graph at about 3500rpm for some reason, may of not boosted properly etc)

Anyway, this is all with just 1000 miles on the clock, so will have to see what she runs at the next one when some miles have gone on. But I am fairly impressed so far to say the least and Revo seems to of done the trick again. Lovely power curve that pulls right to limiter/gearchange..
Have to say, was quite suprised with the torque fig, especially with it being DSG, as thought Revo pull the torque back a bit? What a cracking engine though.. There was a chap there with a Mk2 Cupra with similar mods, but a lot more miles and bigger downpipe. That did 324bhp with a WHOPPING 394lbft!!!  :shocked:
Good day though and what a great bunch of chaps at Awesome, big thanks..  :wink:
P.S. Will put pics and vids up shortly..
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 19:11 by Vtec Abuser »

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline SteveS

• I live here
  • GTI ED30
Re: Had my ED30 on Awesome rollers today...
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2008, 19:08 »
nice one!!!
show us the graph :)
SteveS

ED30: Carbonio Intake & Filter | Blueflame TBE | Ebach Sportlines | Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert | Forge DV | REVO Stage2 [353BHP/360lb/ft]

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2008, 19:08 »
Wow ... awesome figures  :wink:

Where did you have the Revo done ?
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2008, 19:13 »
nice figures

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2008, 19:15 »
Quattronics in Lincs mate.. Recommend them highly. Not just a dealer who lobs the map on and send you off within fifteen mins.. It was there all afternoon (fitting exhaust too) and he went out on the road to map it whilst running. he seems to of set it up perfect, as it'a friggin animal on the road, but at the same time drives like Miss Daisey when you're not in the mood..  :wink:

As for the Graph, I can try taking a pic off my phone of it, but can't promise it'll be great quality (don't have a scanner  :sad:)..

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2008, 19:18 »
Those are superb figures. The torque is particularly good. It makes me wonder a little if something is a bit adrift with mine :undecided:

Ah well, I'll remedy it soon :smiley:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2008, 19:18 »
Quattronics in Lincs mate.. Recommend them highly. Not just a dealer who lobs the map on and send you off within fifteen mins.. It was there all afternoon (fitting exhaust too) and he went out on the road to map it whilst running. he seems to of set it up perfect, as it'a friggin animal on the road, but at the same time drives like Miss Daisey when you're not in the mood..  :wink:

As for the Graph, I can try taking a pic off my phone of it, but can't promise it'll be great quality (don't have a scanner  :sad:)..

what did you pay for all that ?

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2008, 19:21 »
Those are superb figures. The torque is particularly good. It makes me wonder a little if something is a bit adrift with mine :undecided:

Ah well, I'll remedy it soon :smiley:
Different maps though mate, so could be that.. Revo do seem to pull better figures than APR from what i've seen. But so long as it's ok on the road mate, who cares!  :wink:

Now for the 1/4 mile...  :evil: lol

Offline gazbutmk5gti

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2008, 19:23 »
good figures them pal, what's the spec again, stage 1 remap and milltek?
Revo stg2+ & lots more

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 26 April 2008, 19:28 »
Yes mate.. Just Revo stage 1 with the full milltek (2.75" Downpipe)..
The chap with the Mk2 Cupra had Stage 2 Revo, but I thought you needed fuel pump for that?  :huh: