Author Topic: ANY MK2 GTD'S OUT THERE  (Read 2983 times)

Offline MK2 GTD

• Not said much yet
ANY MK2 GTD'S OUT THERE
« on: 08 August 2007, 22:24 »
Hi all  :smiley:

I am the proud owner of a MK2 GTD, So am asking forum members who drive around or own one of these “rare” oil burners to post your pictures on here. Sorry i only have on piccy on here, will try and get more on the forum soon.

I have seen a few on the UK roads but they seem to be a rare sight, it took me 6 months to find mine.  A one owner family from new, full VW service history, even down to a bulb change, talk about fanatical.   Most of you long time VW gent’s will know Lewy, he is a moderator on here and drives around in a pristine oak green MK2 GTi run out model,  I have the pleasure of working with lewy, I say that loosely as neither of us do much work at the best of times. :grin:  Lewy came with me to pick up my GTD, was about a 125 mile trip and lewy kindly volunteered to drive it back for me, of course  he said he would stick to the speed limit…… NOT.  This little GTD, shot past me on the M25 in the outside lane with lewy driving and a massive grin on his face.

I have spent a bit of time doing the odd modification to it :-

Laid the rear wiper flat
40 MM lowered in G max gas struts
G60 Steel wheels
Montego Turbo Gearbox (will take the extra power when I get the engine tuned)
G60 Rocker box, soon to be powder coated (courtesy of lewy and his contacts)
Braided flexi hoses
"Rare" blue and grey pinstripe interior (lewy says its rare and he knows what he is on about)
"mega rare" GTD front grille badge
Scorpion stainless exhaust
Itg air filter
Modified injection pump
256mm Gti front brakes
Rear disc conversion
16 Valve master cylinder and sevo
Electric windows in the front, I have rear motors, switches and a loom to fit at a later date
Soon to have power steering and central locking.

Keeping the small bumpers on as it looks retro and GTD’s didn’t come with big ones fitted.

Am breaking an early 8 valve GTi  if any one needs any bits, I have it listed in the spares for sale section

Offline juleshs

• GTI forum regular
Re: ANY MK2 GTD'S OUT THERE
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2007, 22:15 »
just in the process of dropping a mk3 1900tdi in my mk2
but been told i need the mk3 subframe so its not on the road this week

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2007, 22:40 »
looks nice mate, i was thinking about getting one of these but not sure how economical they are.

Offline takethefifth

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2007, 22:46 »
just in the process of dropping a mk3 1900tdi in my mk2

I'd be interested to hear how that goes! Have you got a project thread or anything?