Author Topic: New GTi Arrived....but....  (Read 9088 times)

Offline andy1814

• Just got here
New GTi Arrived....but....
« on: 07 May 2007, 09:48 »
Ordered a new "discounted" GTi with a high spec, and this is what turned up, can't believe how these people are still trading.
You won't believe it.. :angry:

The car was new at first registration on th 30/04/07, made in July 05 and was stood in a field until then.

It shows that you get what you pay for.

Needless to say I got a full refund...!

Further info to follow.

Offline AlanH

• I live here
Re: New GTi Arrived....but....
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2007, 10:17 »
What a mess! If I wanted to drive something that had been standing in a field for two years I'd buy a tractor. Glad you got your money back.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2007, 11:26 »
Don't you want to name and shame?

It doesn't matter what discount you get on a new car.....it should still be a new car and not one made 2 years ago :sick:

At least you got your money back :smiley:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline barlimow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2007, 11:40 »
That's shocking. Glad you got it sorted though.

Don't you want to name and shame?
I'm not usually one for naming and shaming, but you could be saving someone a lot of hassle if you let people know who to avoid.

Offline andy1814

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2007, 12:04 »
Yeh,, I do want to name and shame. From a legal standpoint I (and this forum) are on very shakey ground.

I will tell you though they are based in Hull and that they have several GTi's @ £20,995 in stock with the following spec :-

Sunroof
Monza II
Reverse parking sensors
Center armrest with 6 CD multi-player
Multi function steering wheel
Cruise control
Zenons
5 doors

Even though they say UK spec they don't have an alarm, service booklets or a second key.!

Very high spec as you will agree and a saving of £4000'ish as least which of course is tempting. Until you see the car that is!

I can however recommend "Right Car" located down Clough Road who's GTi's are true "new" cars manufactured in 2007 to full UK spec.

More to follow  :wink:

Offline JamesT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2007, 12:08 »
I was going to buy from them  :shocked: Allbra......

Offline Dan-Brown

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2007, 13:14 »
ndsnew, yeah i canceled mine from them on sat, saw motorpoints gti 5drs with identical spec were all 2 years old, this coupled to the fact that the salesman said all the wheels were being replaced due to corrosion and the constant delays convinced me it was too much money to spend on something i had doubts over.

Cheers Andy you've set my mind at rest!!

Offline henspeed

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2007, 14:19 »
thats alarming!!

i have a gti on order from a certain healer based in hull
Hope I dont have the same issue

Were they decent about the refund??

Offline acwats

• GTI forum regular
  • Boys need Toys
« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2007, 17:34 »
One lesson for anybody buying an import is to ask the supplier "what's the balance of the manufacturers warranty available?". You can easily date the car and make your mind up. I had concerns as I too looked (virtually) at these offers but thankfully decided against. About 10 weeks ago I was told they were in Cyprus, I guess quay side is more likely than field and the shipping (at least there and back) has exposed the cars to too much salt and caused the sort of oxidation we can see.

I've taken the built to order route for my mine but it's  taking a very long to get car but I at least I should avoid this sort of disappointment.

PS A big Motor :smug: importer in Derby and Glasgow has about 90 cars listed on their site and Point  :smug: out that these are nearly 2 years as well but have been in Jersey. Can't comment on the condition though
« Last Edit: 07 May 2007, 21:04 by acwats »
Mid Life crisis history:2000 Yamaha Fazer 600
2002 Westfield 1800 (built it too!)
1987 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Targa SE
MkV GTI DSG

Offline andy1814

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2007, 18:13 »
When I say "in a field" you sort of get the picture.

acwats - Your importer in Derby is not the same place as I bought from though it would be easy to get them mixed up :wink:. I think also that all these high spec GTi's are from probably from the same batch as "mine" had corroded wheels.