Author Topic: Central locking Mk2 Golf Gti  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Dubwheels

• I live here
Central locking Mk2 Golf Gti
« on: 14 September 2006, 12:18 »
Hiya, my central locking started to play up a few months back. It unlocks all the doors (most of the time), not the boot (sometimes) but only locks the drivers door. I took it into the garage and he reckoned it was the pump in the boot. Anyway I have tried 2 other ones now and it still doesn't work. Not quite sure what to do as my mechanic is on holiday. All really started happening after (not immediately) I replaced the passengers door card and had the seats replaced. Can anyone suggest where I start to look?? Is this a common problem etc.

Offline Dub-77

• I live here
  • Dub again MK1 Golf Project
Re: Central locking Mk2 Golf Gti
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2006, 16:42 »
check the vacuume pipes are all ok ehere work on the car has been done.
I have a comp central locking kit inc pipes, pump, door actuators, boot and pet flap and wiring for £25.00 plus postage if you want it let me know as you could rep everything or piece by piece till you get it working.

Darren
« Last Edit: 14 September 2006, 16:46 by Dub-77 »
Show me a man with a tattoo and i'll show you a man with an interesting past :wink:

Offline Dubwheels

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2006, 17:07 »
Cheers Darren, I will have a look at it first and then get in touch if its not having it, although I def don't need the pump. Daz

Offline Dub-77

• I live here
  • Dub again MK1 Golf Project
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2006, 18:04 »
Any luck Daz????

Darren
Show me a man with a tattoo and i'll show you a man with an interesting past :wink:

Offline Dubwheels

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2006, 11:29 »
Hi Darren, been away for a few days and not had chance to look at it yet. Will try in the next few days and let you know. Cheers, Daz

Offline ScottMk2Gti16v

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2006, 12:05 »
I have almost exactly the same problem, I'd say the whole system works fine about 70% of the time. At other times it'll only lock the drivers door and nothing else. Sometimes the boot stays locked when everything else opens.  I find that it's best to be gentle with the key when you're locking the car, i.e. put the key in, turn it to the left fairly slowly and hold it locked to the left for a couple of seconds before pulling it out. This seems to give the air system time to spring into action.  Apart from that I can't be much more help - I've done nothing about trying to fix mine as it doesn't cause me much grief - car is rarely parked in public places, and if it is I make sure it's locked, albeit if it means doing the old fashioned walk around the car pushing the locks down!

Offline Dubwheels

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2006, 12:29 »
Thats exactly what mine does mate. I will try the key thing. If anyone knows what the cure is then please let me know. Cheers

Offline 92Mk2Gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2006, 13:08 »
I had a similar problem but mine also developed a mind of it's own and went into a loop a few times where it would just keep locking and unlocking itsefl without me triggering it.
I fixed my problem by replacing the drivers door actuator, fiver from the scrapyard, i'd suggest giving that a go but make sure you get the right one as there are several different types, and you'll have fun with all the different coloured wires!    :laugh:

1992(J) Golf GTI 8v Gone but still in the family

2003(53) Golf GTI 180

Offline Dubwheels

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2006, 13:17 »
Not had that problem yet!! Presumably there is a door actuator on the passengers side as well? Not a big fan of wires, probably get someone else to have a go! Cheers and any other advice would be appreciated.

Judderi

« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2006, 11:16 »
Its also a good idea to grease up the boot lock. Mine often doesent lock just because its still as fook.