Author Topic: Are heated seats standard?  (Read 7672 times)

Offline rubberduck

• Not said much yet
Re: Are heated seats standard?
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2021, 19:05 »
The big reason for asking is that a 7 Golf GTI that I had for a courtesy car for a couple of weeks had them, I didn't use them that much to be honest and my better half hated that I kept turning hers on, so it's probably a blessing I don't have them :grin: not a big loss to me at all.

Upgrading from a 1.0 EcoBoost Ford Focus, so the thought of LED headlights alone is a novelty at the moment.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 12 April 2021, 06:59 »
i was the same, I used to think it was a feature aimed at millennials.....
Now that i have it, I like it, but I still wouldn't pay for it however, id leave that to the millennials! ha

I do find the positioning of the function annoying though, I find myself turning it on whenever I turn a corner!

Millennials are turning 40 this year :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 12 April 2021, 08:16 »
Back in my day, we had no heated seats. We had to pick up a lump of coal from the stove and put it down the back of our pants if we wanted a warm bum  :grin:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 April 2021, 09:12 »
Back in my day, we had no heated seats. We had to pick up a lump of coal from the stove and put it down the back of our pants if we wanted a warm bum  :grin:

Yes, I can remember those days :smiley:. I can also remember my first car didn’t have electric screen washers - to activate the washers, you had to repeatedly push a button on the dash. That car also didn’t have sun visors - it had one of those tinted green stick on strips across the top section of the windscreen. It didn’t suffer from some of the gremlins that affect modern cars though as there was very little to go wrong. I wouldn’t want to go back to those days of car owning though.

Makes you appreciate some of the luxuries in modern cars that have become standard features.

Apologies for going off topic.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 12 April 2021, 09:24 »
It was like when I was watching Rory's autotrader review of the Mk8 R.... he was saying about not being able to remember the last car that didn't have lit up heating or volume controls.... I can remember lots actually!

And they didn't have any other way of adjusting those controls either - no steering wheel buttons, no voice control!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 12 April 2021, 09:56 »
It was like when I was watching Rory's autotrader review of the Mk8 R.... he was saying about not being able to remember the last car that didn't have lit up heating or volume controls.... I can remember lots actually!

And they didn't have any other way of adjusting those controls either - no steering wheel buttons, no voice control!

My first three cars didn’t have illuminated heater controls. I didn’t have a car with electric windows as standard until my eighth car :shocked:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 12 April 2021, 13:19 »
Last car I owned had a cassette player  :grin: