Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 7802 times)

Offline joet

• Not said much yet
Re: Lead times
« Reply #90 on: 07 April 2021, 13:34 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

It's practically useless, my last Golf was sat in Germany when I ordered it, the tracker said it was on its way to the UK, but it was already at the dealership, having arrived in the UK 2 weeks prior.

The dealership told me the tracker is anything up to 4 weeks out of date, it's a waste of time, when I took delivery of the car it said "awaiting transport to dealership" - really?

Ahh - OK, thanks for that. It does sound pretty useless

I will just wait for my dealer to let me know when it's arrived and take it from there. It's good to know that at least it's on the way

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #91 on: 07 April 2021, 19:13 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week of Jan/first week of Feb. I was quoted 20 weeks as a worst case.

It's been at stage 2 - with the factory since then.

Today, to my surprise, I received a message that it's now at stage 5a - in transit:left factory. So I'm happy with that, although I'm not sure how much use the order tracker is if it just jumps stages randomly like that!

It's practically useless, my last Golf was sat in Germany when I ordered it, the tracker said it was on its way to the UK, but it was already at the dealership, having arrived in the UK 2 weeks prior.

The dealership told me the tracker is anything up to 4 weeks out of date, it's a waste of time, when I took delivery of the car it said "awaiting transport to dealership" - really?

Ahh - OK, thanks for that. It does sound pretty useless

I will just wait for my dealer to let me know when it's arrived and take it from there. It's good to know that at least it's on the way

Strange, our order times are pretty much identical and im still stuck on stage 2 with an unconfirmed build week of 44 :cry:
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline thronetm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #92 on: 08 April 2021, 10:30 »
The tracker isn't great, but if you delete your car from the tracker and re-add it, you will get the latest update.

My car has been sat at Grimsby port since 25/03. Waiting on word when it'll be loaded on a lorry to be taken to dealership