Author Topic: WANTED Clubsport S Red/White A/C  (Read 1387 times)

Offline too hot

• Not said much yet
Re: WANTED Clubsport S Red/White A/C
« Reply #10 on: 29 November 2020, 19:13 »
I must apologise I have read this thread and not noticed it’s all Clubsport S related. Don’t know how I missed that S
I should have gone to specsavers :nerd: :sad:
Good luck with the search/sale  :wink:
Edition 40

Offline hhh182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 29 November 2020, 21:12 »
I have sent you an email.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 29 November 2020, 21:16 »
No problem too hot, I was being cheeky  :tongue:

Frada, appreciate you are selling but be good to hear your experience of 3k miles in it
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Frada01

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2020, 18:18 »
No problem too hot, I was being cheeky  :tongue:

Frada, appreciate you are selling but be good to hear your experience of 3k miles in it

Previous to the Golf was an M2 . I would honestly say the Clubsport S is miles ahead  in terms of grip and feel. I've owned 7 GTIs. over the years and nothing comes close to the way the car drives. I know it sounds cliché but you can really tell there was Porsche involvement in the chassis setup.  The car feels light on its toes but planted and is a true weapon on British B roads. I've been lucky enough to have driven the current R and TCR and both feel cumbersome in comparison. Fast yes but lacking any real feel through the front end.  The Clubsport S is superbly damped which is why you can travel at ridiculous speeds even in poor weather conditions. It also feels fast. The number don't do it justice. I'm pretty sure that if you got it on a dyno its well above the quoted 306BHP.  I've only managed to get it out on track twice and both time in the wet. Still, it was so impressive the instructors couldn't believe the levels of grip it produced. It running MP4S BTW. the Cups are lethal in sub 5 deg.  It will be a sad day when its gone. Hopefully it will go to a good home.   Advert should be up this weekend if the weather allows me to take some pics.

Offline hhh182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2020, 20:43 »
Still looking for a white/ red clubsport S, must have low mileage and low No. of owners.

Hugh