Author Topic: 2000 VW Golf Mk 4 2.0 GTi 3 door black MOT 7 months 2 owners from new  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Squirrels

• Just got here
2000 VW Golf Mk 4

2.0 GTi 3 door black (85kw)

MOT 7 months

2 owners from new

This is a well-used (and well-loved) vehicle I have owned for around 16-years.  It is an ex-company car that I purchased when I left the company.  There was one previous user of the vehicle (same company) and so I am only the second owner of the car. 

The car has been serviced regularly for most of its life.  In recent years the car has been used less and less and is now only used a few times a week for local runs (it has only done c. 10k miles since Nov 2015). 

Reason for sale: just ordered an electric car so need to make space for the new one.

Here are some pictures - more detailed information below pictures:

The good bits:
•   Overall pretty good condition considering age
•   Reliable car - runs and drives well
•   Full service history (main dealer) for around 15 years (all details in log book).  Non-main dealer (basic) servicing in last 5-years.
•   Totally original - no modification
•   Seats and carpet are in good condition - no rips, tears or stains.
•   The CD player works and for those still with a few cassettes lying around the cassette player still works and sounds great (in fact the standard hi-fi sounds pretty decent for a 20-year old car).
•   The bodywork/paintwork is reasonably good with no major damage.  The car still looks pretty nice when cleaned and polished thoroughly.
•   The alloy rims are in reasonable shape - no major damage.
•   Cambelt, tensioner and water pump replaced at 118k miles (I think the recommendation is every 100k miles for cambelt so not needed until 200k is reached).
•   Rear axle bushes were replaced at 130k miles.
•   Lower wishbones/arms/links and anti-roll bar bushes were replaced at 162k mile.
•   Exhaust box centre and rear silencer replaced at 165k miles.
•   Last major service was at 162k miles.

The less good bits:
•   MOT advisories are as follows:
•   Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored (but not seriously weakened)
•   Offside front and nearside front tyres close to legal limit
•   Offside rear brake pipe corrode, covered in grease or other material
•   Also:
•   Some of the trim is starting to deteriorate.
•   The engine oil sensor has failed (oil needs to be checked manually).
•   The paintwork around the boot handle/lock is quite badly corroded.  The lock still works but the lock unit/handle needs to be replaced and the metalwork repaired (or the entire boot lid replaced).
•   There are two small dents on the offside wing near the passenger door.
•   There are scratches on the front bumper (front passenger side)
•   There are a few scratches and minor marks elsewhere on the body.

Overall, this is a well-used but cared-for car that is in reasonably good condition for its age.  There are some MOT advisories but these can be sorted out relatively easily.  The main issues is the corrosion around the lock on the rear boot and the MOT advisory for the rear brake pipe.

Included with the car are:

1.   A set of Pagid rear vented discs and pads - new and unused.
2.   A pair of rear footwell mats – new and unused.
3.   Original handbook
4.   Spare wheel, original boot tidy with tools/jack

* Cassettes not included  :smiley:

£650 ono

Location is Canterbury (Kent).  Local collection only.  Cash on collection.

Contact Matt on 07881 628942

Note: Sold as seen with no warranty given or implied.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2020, 16:06 by Squirrels »