Author Topic: MK8 latest info  (Read 42392 times)

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: MK8 latest info
« Reply #230 on: 16 October 2020, 22:59 »
I've got figures for the 128,

Cash price £32700 (inc options, delivery RFL etc and after discount)
Deposit £1300
48 x £450
Final Balloon £12788

Expecting figures for the GTI next week.  I was told all that was missing from the finance system was the GFV which seems to be in place now. 

On Thursday I was fully expecting to be ordering a GTI as long as the money made sense.  Having sat in a 1 series msport spec today I'm not so sure - though the spec isn't nearly as generous on the 128 - the fit and finish of the cabin is leagues ahead.  Looks like the money will be in much the same ballpark (at least for me - VW have intimated they will give a very generous trade in for my car, BMW have just offered book - if BMW don't budge on further negotiation then that will likely normalize the pricing). 
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #231 on: 17 October 2020, 16:32 »
That bmw gfv sounds low, but can only assume that's because it's four years. Does four years make any sense for PCP? I'm not sure it does. Still seems very expensive.

Have you thought of getting a price from wbac on your current car? To me it seems like a better option.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #232 on: 17 October 2020, 16:53 »
You know I hadn't thought about 3-4 years - that was just 'the offer' - I will ask them to recalculate for 3 years. 

I've got a quote from WBAC which is higher than BMW but I'm going to wait until I've had VW's valuation as well and then see what the best basis for negotiation is. 
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #233 on: 17 October 2020, 17:22 »
You know I hadn't thought about 3-4 years - that was just 'the offer' - I will ask them to recalculate for 3 years. 

I've got a quote from WBAC which is higher than BMW but I'm going to wait until I've had VW's valuation as well and then see what the best basis for negotiation is.

It’s worth using the part exchange valuation tool on VW’s website to see how that compares to other p/ex valuations you get from the likes of WBAC. Also, used car prices for ‘in demand’ models have been increasing in recent months, so it’d be worth checking periodically any sources you’ve used, as you may be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars/part-exchange#/landing
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #234 on: 17 October 2020, 17:31 »
The only thing to be aware of with wbac is that they will tyre kick. I've never had them actually offer the full amount even when I've been totally honest about scrapes and dings.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #235 on: 17 October 2020, 18:30 »
Whole business model is based on it.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #236 on: 19 October 2020, 08:44 »
The only thing to be aware of with wbac is that they will tyre kick. I've never had them actually offer the full amount even when I've been totally honest about scrapes and dings.
True  I wasted my time with wbac would never try them again. Most with similar sounding names were exactly the same i was loosing hope. Then I tried one called Motorway they use car dealers. I turned up expecting the same all they did was just walk round no inspection and said right lets get the paperwork done.. I was so shocked as no haggle, no pull to bits, nothing so did the paper work well computer work that took only a couple minutes then realised I then had to get home without a car! Oops! Bus monkey I became  :grin:
PS Motorway quoted price was also £1300 more than Wbac price before they discounted so got over 2k more than wbac. Offered.
I sound like an advert lol but I would try them again unlike all those other time wasters.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2020, 08:56 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #237 on: 19 October 2020, 08:51 »
Then I tried one called Motorway they use car dealers.

Got a web address for Motorway Snoopy? Thx
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #238 on: 19 October 2020, 08:54 »
Then I tried one called Motorway they use car dealers.

Got a web address for Motorway Snoopy? Thx

https://motorway.co.uk/
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #239 on: 19 October 2020, 08:57 »
That sounds interesting.

It's not the price i care about so much, it's the pantomime and deliberate air sucking through teeth and the this charge and the other charge. In the end you just feel like you've had your trousers pulled down but wasted so much time that you accept the price that was nothing like what they quoted online.