Author Topic: Bumper Damage  (Read 3989 times)

Offline DarrenW

• Not said much yet
Re: Bumper Damage
« Reply #20 on: 13 March 2019, 16:37 »
It most definitely didn’t shrug it off considering it went under both left wheels and made the car jump! I’ll spare you the dash cam video.

Made me feel sick to be honest. Would have stopped to check if the poor thing needed putting out it’s misery but it’s very dangerous road.

The excess is quite a lot but as others have said the logic is that any repair under £500 I wouldn’t bother paying for on insurance anyway.

Decided to go down the insurance route. There’s quite a lot of broken internal components so don’t want to risk an enormous private bill.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 13 March 2019, 22:13 »
Insurance companies view you more of a risk if you have a really low excess as it means you're more likely to claim for piddly little things. 500 excess is about the right balance to get a decent price.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2019, 07:56 »
That depends on circumstances. Both my Amarok and Tig policies have the compulsory £150 excess only and the premiums are less that £250. My Golf is on a classic policy which costs peanuts, so doesn't count.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 14 March 2019, 10:48 »
That's just a general classification that all insurance companies view people.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.