Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 84938 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #940 on: 31 July 2020, 18:23 »
Seen eight or nine of these today. They don’t look half as bad in the metal. This ones reg ended in VW. Nice!

td bank locations nj
sorry but that looks absolutely s4ite

Ha ha! Tbf I didn’t say it looked good!!
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps, TCR rear lip spoiler

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #941 on: 31 July 2020, 20:20 »
Seen eight or nine of these today. They don’t look half as bad in the metal. This ones reg ended in VW. Nice!

td bank locations nj
sorry but that looks absolutely s4ite

Ha ha! Tbf I didn’t say it looked good!!
😂😂 true. I was sitting looking at one last week when I picked my TCR up and it looked dreadful. Even my wife commented on how it didn't look right.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #942 on: 31 July 2020, 20:56 »
I know which one I’d rather have: TCR all day long.
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps, TCR rear lip spoiler

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #943 on: 31 July 2020, 23:31 »
I know which one I’d rather have: TCR all day long.
👍👍

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #944 on: 01 August 2020, 10:22 »
It looks like an old Astra from that angle  :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #945 on: 01 August 2020, 13:59 »
It looks like an old Astra from that angle  :shocked:
funny you should say that. I saw a mk8 in white this morning as I was coming back from Lockerbie on the A69. Looked totally unremarkable and extremely similar to the white astra that followed it.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #946 on: 01 August 2020, 14:46 »
White paint and little wheels on a mid-spec trim seldom looks aspirational on any car. They tend to look like appliances.
7.5 GTD

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #947 on: 02 August 2020, 09:55 »
White paint and little wheels on a mid-spec trim seldom looks aspirational on any car. They tend to look like appliances.

That's actually a good way to describe it  :smiley:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #948 on: 04 August 2020, 10:18 »
Watched the Autogefühl review of the mk8 1.5 eTSI MEVH Golf yesterday.

Positives;
  • Good build quality, although some areas of cost saving evident compared to the mk7 / mk7.5
  • Comfortable seats
  • Still feels like a Golf to drive - good ride and handling
Negatives;
  • Predictably, the lack of buttons / knobs for certain basic functions was criticised
  • Slow to respond infotainment touchscreen - not as good as BMW or Mercedes systems in the reviewer’s opinion
  • Over-complicated functionality for climate control. Reviewer was critical of the slider controls for volume and temperature below the infotainment screen
  • Voice control - it took the reviewer four attempts to adjust the cabin temperature using voice control
  • Infotainment software in launch models not great, but will probably be updated over time
Other points from the video that are worthy of note;
  • The key fob is now shiny piano black plastic - reviewer made the comment that they were not sure how it would look over time, which I interpreted as it’ll be very prone to scratching, especially in a bag or pocket with other items.
  • The smaller screen of the standard infotainment unit apparently has two conventional knobs - one for volume and another for zoom in/out on the screen (commented on around 10min 45 sec into the video).
  • The comment was made in the video that VW have massively reduced the use of animal skins (presumably leather) for their seats. Does this mean there won’t be a leather seat option - maybe only an alcantara option for anyone wanting a seat upgrade option.
  • The reviewer states that until the infotainment software issues are resolved / improved, it would be better to buy a new mk7.5 (if still available) rather than a mk8 (at around 24min 20sec into the video)
In the reviewer’s conclusion at round 34 min into the video, the comment is made that there are ongoing discussions within VW about the temp slider controls, and that there has been some negative customer feedback. It’ll be interesting to see if the slider is replaced with conventional controls as part of next years’s model year changes for the mk8. 

Overall though, the reviewer did say it’s still a great car. Link to the review below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u2GslmhDck
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #949 on: 04 August 2020, 10:53 »
I see the seat has an extending squab. Wonder if that will continue in the performance Golf or indeed in the UK variant.