Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 71923 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #840 on: 18 April 2020, 09:41 »
https://www.motor1.com/news/409730/vw-golf-r-nurburgring-spy/

I think it looks quite good with the wide mouthed lower grille spilt into three sections - IMO, much better than the lower grille on the GTI, although I think the rear end looks very mpv-like (not just the R; the mk8 in general). Sadly, the angled body coloured sections in the lower grille appear to be camouflage, hiding what’s underneath (you/can see they’re taped on camouflage in the 21st of the 29 pictures in the link posted by Fred), so the production version might not look as good. Hopefully it’ll not just be another all-black wide mouth like the GTI / GTD / GTE versions have.

Here
« Last Edit: 18 April 2020, 12:21 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Current: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #841 on: 18 April 2020, 11:47 »
7.5 GTD

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • 29+ years of GTI ownership.
« Reply #842 on: 10 May 2020, 10:05 »
Is it just me after watching all the mk8 reviews so far that worries VW simply have not done enough testing of the interior interface and controls.  :huh:
Current Stable: Mk1 GTI, Mk6 GTI, Mk1 Leon & 3 non VW.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #843 on: 11 May 2020, 08:56 »
Is it just me after watching all the mk8 reviews so far that worries VW simply have not done enough testing of the interior interface and controls.  :huh:

One reason I’d not be an early adopter of a new model; I don’t want to be an unpaid VW product tester. I’d wait a couple of years into a car’s lifecycle before considering buying, when hopefully most of the teething troubles would have been discovered and sorted.
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #844 on: 12 May 2020, 07:06 »
Personally think they’ve made a big mistake going for the interface they have. Would have been better with the system in the new Octavia as that has the same overall look whilst retaining more physical buttons. I imagine, from reviews such as the Autogefuhl ones etc, that the Golf will be very hard to use when driving other than the main controls on the steering wheel. Might be wrong of course.
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver
GONE - 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
« Reply #845 on: 12 May 2020, 12:58 »
Whilst VAG own VW, Skoda, SEAT and Audi I have a feeling they not only all have a degree of independence when it comes to styling, but they also have their own profit and loss to look after.

If VW make more money on a Golf vs Skoda on an Octavia, I guess that is down to how they compete within the group.

If they all had to take the same line then their wouldn't be any point in them existing as competing products.

The commonality is to do with major component design, the styling is entirely down to the marque. Its easy to see a A3 as a Golf, but its not and cannot be because otherwise you simply wouldn't bother trying to market them seperately, they would just be trim levels and even then you wouldn't bother because having 35 trim levels would increase cost and confuse the consumer too much.

Therefore they have to be distinctly different.

Offline david25

• Here all the time
« Reply #846 on: 22 May 2020, 12:40 »
From CVL

Golf Mk 8 1.5 Life 5dr Manual leasing (inc VAT)

£267 x 36 (5000m)
to
£344 x 36 (20000m)
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #847 on: 24 May 2020, 10:25 »
It's definitely growing on me... and sounds like it's going to drive very well... Maybe I'll be back in 2 years!

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/352255/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-ride-review

NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver
GONE - 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Forum addict
« Reply #848 on: 25 May 2020, 13:55 »
Looks nice I think actually.

That colour is good and i like those wheels - but those aren't on the wheel chart I've just seen pasted on the other thread  :huh: