Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 11942 times)

Offline Mutley75

• GTI forum regular
Mk 8 Golf
« on: 12 January 2019, 14:56 »
Not sure how accurate this is, but what on earth have they done to it?!

https://youtu.be/R021Dx9oIJw

That’s absolutely hideous. Glad I ordered the mk 7.5!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & Dynamic LED headlights.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2019, 15:21 »
That's a photoshop based on the Mk7. I'd take it with a bucket of salt. In any case, they nearly always look better in the metal than in photos.
7.5 GTD

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2019, 15:23 »
I second Guzzles comment.  Plus its pure concept at this stage.  It will go through many tweaks and revisions until its launch and the pic on the link looks like Auto Bild created the image themselves.  Nothing to worry about just yet. 

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2019, 17:13 »
Would VW give Auto Bild exclusive rights to publish a pre-launch YouTube video of the mk8 Golf this far in advance of the official launch? ........Not in a month of Sundays. Another Auto Express type speculative rendering.

It’ll be VW that issue the first official pictures or launch video of the mk8, although there might be a few spy shots in the motoring press beforehand, as it’s not unknown for vehicles to not wear much camouflage in the final stages of road testing.
2016 Pocket Rocket Polo GTI 5dr manual, Blue Silk, Jacara tartan seats, Sports Performance Kit, Climate Control, Convenience Pack, Parking Pack, VW Motorsport Alloys in anthracite.
Gone but not forgotten; 2011 Golf GTD; 5dr Carbon Grey, Grey Jacara tartan seats, 18" VW Rotary alloys in Anthracite, Bi-xenons, Parking Sensors, RCD510+Dynaudio, Luxury Pack.

Offline king monkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2019, 17:27 »
Predictions, both in terms of looks and power output, are always woefully inaccurate. Apparently the gti will get 300bhp if you believe the motoring press. Hilarious. (Must make sure I delete this if it actually  happens).  :grin:
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps

Offline Mutley75

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2019, 17:28 »
Not going to happen. There’s only so much power you can push through the front wheels, clever slip diff or not. And it won’t be AWD, because that’s what the R is for.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & Dynamic LED headlights.

Offline king monkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2019, 17:54 »
Leon Cupra does it but never driven one so don’t know how well it does.

I reckon the new gti will be about 260 bhp.
2019 7.5 Golf R. Lapiz, prets, 90% tints, black mirror caps

Offline mcmaddy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2019, 21:10 »
With the PP diff you could easily get 300hp through the front wheels.
Gti PP, Tungsten, Tech & Parking packs, HBA

Offline Mutley75

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2019, 21:11 »
Praise indeed. The Cupra has the diff too, so that explains it. I’d forgotten about that.

Offline ar899

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2019, 21:42 »
Who said the Germans didn't have a sense of humour......